ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
3 members (ampherder, Scott35, sabrown), 151 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4147 09/11/01 10:12 PM
Broom Pusher and
Steve [Sparky],
This must touch home a lot for you - the EMS parts in your message got me teared up. Go for it!!! Help them out as much as possible. They need a lot of help.
I'm proud to know there's people like you in this forum!
Your customers will understand the absence.

Bill,
The first person I thought of when I found out about this terrible news was you.
I am sure you know some people that might have been in the towers at the time, either office workers, or construction persons doing T.I.'s.

Mickky,
Thanks for the words!!!

Scott [electure],
That's great for your shop and you to donate blood. They really need it.

To the rest of the members in this thread,
Thanks for all your words and thoughts.

I really feel for the families and friends of all the victims - in the towers, in the planes, on the ground - all watching in horror as this took place.

My prayers go out to every one affected by this event.

I can't go on typing; the news keeps showing the plane crashing into the 2nd tower and the words in this thread are getting me teared up.

Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#4148 09/11/01 11:28 PM
Man, this is so terrible...

My prayers go out to all the victims and their families and friends...

I don't know what else to say...

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#4149 09/12/01 05:05 AM
N
Despite the tragic event of yesterday and the adverse reactions we have all
experienced, and what little we can each do to help (donating blood if
possible or some other way you can think of), we should all keep our
attention on creating our daily lives for ourselves and those around us.
Turn off the TV, do NOT continue to watch those pictures on TV over and
over.
Just get the updates on the radio news if possible. A big part of
Terrorism
is to shake one's foundation and to oppress people with these acts by making
them afraid. With terror, fear and grief comes inactivity. This is
unacceptable. We, our loved ones, friends and associates should not accept
this aberrated/insane philosophy or go into agreement with it. We should
continue to flourish and prosper in the areas that we work so hard to
create.
The fruits of our hard work which affect our daily lives, our loved ones'
lives, our communities and beyond are worth protecting and we can do that by
continuing to produce, and not be adversely affected into non-production.

#4150 09/12/01 07:26 AM
S
Good words from you all here.

I've never seen this kind of shock and anger.

Even little ol' ladies are saying things i'd never expect of them.
Boston flat out shut down yesterday, some story about a few terrorists that got away there??
A team of local firefighters were headed from here last night, to provide some relief. The VT dept of EMS is taking names & numbers, we're all sittin' on the scrimage line , bags packed. ( I want to just start driving, but i have to do as the system dictates)
Any military freinds i know are telling me how they prepare, or how the're sons and daughters are preparing.

This is scary!
[Linked Image]

This has really hit home for us....
http://www.emsvillage.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=8&threadid=783

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 09-12-2001).]

#4151 09/12/01 07:53 AM
W
Yes, I agree with all here on this forum. This is a sad day in America, however, we have risen above this sort of thing in the past and we shall do it again. Our prayers are for this country and all those who lost loved ones by a cowardly act. What is really sad are people who have taken advantage of the situation for personal gain. Those in the midwest who charged $5 for a gallon on gasoline should be dealt with extreme severity. Again, another cowardly act on innocent people.
Due to the ungodly acts of yesterday, we are now in a different America. Not only will it become more difficult to board an airplane or other public transportation vehicle, but it may get more difficult to enjoy ourselves at places of recreation, and so on it goes. But we will survive this tragedy, and just as the world wars of the last century made us stronger, so will this dastardly act.
Thanks to all in forum for listening.

#4152 09/12/01 08:31 AM
P
You have friends over here praying for America.

I just saw the BBC news of the crowd gathered in almost silence outside the U.S. Embassy in London.

One British World War II veteran arrived with flowers, dressed in full military uniform. Talking to a reporter he said, "Because America helped save us during the war. They are our friends." That really got to me.....

One of the nice things about traveling by air in the U.S. is the relaxed atmosphere without the all the horrendous security checks that we've had over here for years. It's a sad day for the everyone that this will now inevitably be gone forever.

One thing I do know, however, is that the sort of cowards who harm innocent people in this way will never break the American determinaton to get through and survive any adversity.

My travels and the time spent in your country showed me that the American pioneer spirit is still strong today. That is one of things that I love about America.

No terrorist or act of war will take that spirit and determination away from you.

#4153 09/12/01 10:35 AM
D
God be with all the victims and their families. May he also be with all AMERICANS as we support those in need. Just don't let these fanatics accomplish the rest of their mission and cripple our country out of fear. God Bless America

#4154 09/12/01 06:02 PM
B
Originally posted by pauluk:
You have friends over here praying for America.

I just saw the BBC news of the crowd gathered in almost silence outside the U.S. Embassy in London.

One British World War II veteran arrived with flowers, dressed in full military uniform. Talking to a reporter he said, "Because America helped save us during the war. They are our friends." That really got to me.....

One of the nice things about traveling by air in the U.S. is the relaxed atmosphere without the all the horrendous security checks that we've had over here for years. It's a sad day for the everyone that this will now inevitably be gone forever.

One thing I do know, however, is that the sort of cowards who harm innocent people in this way will never break the American determinaton to get through and survive any adversity.

My travels and the time spent in your country showed me that the American pioneer spirit is still strong today. That is one of things that I love about America.

No terrorist or act of war will take that spirit and determination away from you.

The most prophetic statement to come from the attack on Pearl Harbor, was said by the enemy, and I am sure everyone has heard it, but sometimes it helps repeating, " I fear for all we have done is to awakened a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve". This said, we will come back from this just we did when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, and this nation will come back together and stronger than ever, they just never learn, 'you just dont piss-off the gaint. God Bless America.

#4155 09/12/01 06:41 PM
So great is the strength and resolve of the people that we cannot be brought down. The common thought today everywhere I went was to keep working...harder than ever.
Everything will change, but life is change and we will adapt.
We have a job going at an American Red Cross facility, the lines were so long when we got there at 6 AM that we haven't been able to donate blood yet. The lines continued throughout the day, with people waiting about 4 hours for their chance to do what they could. The best we can do is to hurry & try to finish to make more room.

Nevin's right, keep going and kick ass.

#4156 09/13/01 05:59 AM
S

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard