ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 220 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4096 09/11/01 04:48 PM
N
I have the same problem with some builders and especally drywallers. I just send them a bill for a minimium of $150.00/ repair we have to do $100.00 for each box they cover up and tell the general that no final inspection until paid. Even if you do not get paid, you seem to get thier attention fast. I find that all of a sudden the careless or don't care clowns get real careful and start doing a better job. If you do this in a calm professional manner with a regret I have to do this approach they seem to get the message. It has worked for me several times about 65% of the time I also get paid on a change order.

ed
#4097 09/11/01 06:33 PM
P
pauluk Offline OP
Originally posted by sparky66wv:
My pet peeve is when they take it upon themselves to do some of our work for us... like removing staples to change the location of a wire that was in their way...
That one really gets me... (I use my dikes for staple removal, avoiding contact with the cable... they use clawhammers, screwdrivers, whatever, and aren't so careful...

Virgil:

You'd really enjoy working with one of my local builders then.

In major reconstruction projects he has a habit of knocking down a partition wall, ripping boxes off the studs or brickwork with a claw-hammer or pry-bar.

By the time I turn up on the appointed day, I just find boxes and fitting hanging from the ceiling by their cables. Still energized of course!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard