ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
N
NORCAL Offline OP
In dealing with different POCOS, how many of them that you work with have a requirement for test bypass facilities on non residental metering or is that a California thing? PG&E requires it with limited exceptions.

So Ca Edison---Yes

T
It's a EUSERC requirement -- essentially all of the western utilities are in EUSERC...

Tesla
E
Try not to argue with PG&E you probably will not win.

Regards
Edward

Thanks
Edward
E
e57 Offline
The "P" in PG&E stands for Primedona!

I could go on, and on about my loathing of thier buerocracy.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
N
NORCAL Offline OP
I not complaining about the requirement,I wanted to know if other ultilities required them. It doesnt do any good to argue with them just do what they want and get over it [Linked Image]

P.S. P.G.& E. also stands for Pacific Graft & Extortion,Play Games & Eat,Pigs Goats & Elephants.

[This message has been edited by NORCAL (edited 07-15-2004).]

E
I wonder if they will ever change their way of providing customer service or their attitude so customers, contractors or who ever deals with PG&E will have a positive experience to talk about.

Edward

Thanks
Edward
B
At least PG&E’s green book {service-entrance requirements} is online/pdf. The test-bypass facilities are nothing new… have changed little in 20 years.

Also, www.euserc.com at least gives some standardization among utilities. Everyone has their “first” introduction to EUSERC—it shouldn’t be a surprise after that.

It's a shame you guys all have had bad experiences with PG&E.
Both So CA Edison and the LA Dept of Water & Power have become so easy to work with that it's a pleasure. They've both put on "a new face" in the last few years.
Customer service has improved so immensely that it's like the difference between night and day.

Use the "green book" as Bjarney says, and life will become much easier for you. It won't make them get to their appointments on time, but at least you'll have your ducks in a row when the time comes.
(It's pretty frustrating for the PoCo too, when contractors install things that don't meet their specifications. They've got rules they have to follow, too, ya know)

Link Copied to Clipboard