ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
estman Offline OP
hello everyone,

I am putting together a fire alarm system.
The panel is an edwards 2414 which is a basic analog one. my question is how I Interface it with the elevator for a recall?
Thanks,
estman

C
CRM Offline
The fire alarm panel will have a combination NO/NC alarm contacts. I would use the NO contacts and connect these back to the elevator control panel. The elevator company will show you where to wire into their panel. So when there is an alarm a set of contacts will close, operating the elevator recall at the elevator control panel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Here's another idea.
I would not recall the elevator on general alarm. I would use a relay type base for the smokes in the elevator lobbies. Wire the relays in parallel so that a fire in any lobby but the main entrance lobby sends the car to first floor (primary) and a fire in the main entrance lobby will send the car to a different floor. (alternate) Also if your shunting the power to the elevator machine room with a heat detector just use a two pole heat using one side for fire alarm and the other side for shunt. Is the building sprinked? It will make a difference on the detection you put in the shaft. You may want to read through NFPA 72 3-9.3 (1999) and a call to the elevator inspector might be worth it. Since, in my area anyway each inspector seems to want it set up a little differently.

E
estman Offline OP
thank you guys your answers shed light in my questions.

Link Copied to Clipboard