ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
I had 2 of my guys working in a customer's home the other day. They were running some circuits throught the basement to the panel. As they pulled a snake through the ceiling an envelope fell out. Inside was 10 $100 bills! When they pulled the snake some more another envelope fell - this one had $8000 more!

The guys approached the homeowner and asked him if he left anything in the ceiling. Evidently the homeowner almost jumped out of his skin and yelled "my money!".

I'm proud of the guys for doing the right thing (although some may think otherwise).

What's the weirdest thing you guys have ever found?

I
That is great of your guys, sounds like you owe them dinner or lunch. [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
S
heh, sounds like we have ourselves one real quick thinking homeowner.

A
It was great of your guys to do this, but if the homeowner said no, would they have kept it?

The Golden Rule - "The man with the gold makes the rule"
L
That's a good question. I'd like to think they would give it back. Both of these guys have worked for me for close to 3 years and have always been extremely honest.

If a guy deserves some type of bonus for a job well done etc. I usually will give them a Home Depot gift card. Its a 100 percent write off and there's a good chance he will buy electrical tools. A win-win situation.

... By rights, the H.O. could've offered a reward for their candor..You certainly don't see that everyday..I definetly would've offered at least $100.00 each to the guys (had I been the H.O.)...seems the right thing to do.. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Lee, you should feel proud of them..
Russ

P.S. ... Back a few years ago,we had a similar scenario,...snaking wire thru the basement ceiling,..only what we found was a bag of white powder(drugs),and a slew of needles...it was bad..my boss at the time called in the Police to dispose of it..seems the house was previously rented by drug dealers,and forgot they hid it there..

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 06-09-2004).]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
S
I found $3000 in a customer's propane torch box. It must have been the deceased husband's card playing money. The wife was pretty happy to get it.

Steve
D
Found about $15.00 in change amongst some of the tools I got from my friend's mom's house. Included were a liberty dime and a buffalo nickel.

No bags of cash yet!

O
I did a job for a long time custumer with a rental who needed some circuits ran, He supplied a key and the tenents were not home.I was in the basement looking things over to come up with a circuit route. I found a crawl hole door behind the stairwell. When I first got to the house I thought I could the wild wood flower.
I opened the door and first found a freezer bag,1 lb of pot.and thought wow. I looked a little further into the crwl and pulled out two large 55 gallon lawn bags full of pot.
Behind that was a large metal box with a lock on it.
I stuffed the bags back into the crawl hole and called the owner. I pulled off the job .He called the tenent and she said it was her brothers. Not sure what ever happened after that. My cop buddies gave me a bad time for not calling them right away.

N
My cop buddies gave me a bad time for not calling them right away.

Let them get their own weed! [Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard