ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
F
Pennyslvania will adopt the (International Code Council) ICC, Uniform Construction Code in July 2004. I've been certified with the International Association of Electrical Inspectors since 1986 when I took the exams. Does anyone from Pennsylvania know if we must take the exams over again.

Frank Cinker

Z
Frank, You better check with Harrisburg. Since the IBC was law as of 4/9/04 here in PA. alot of crap has gone down here!
Since then, My inspector all of sudden was not certified, hence he and his father could not inspect anymore. Phone calls to the capital do not do anything.
So they drove to Harrisburg one day,and kicked some a$$ around And was state certified when they left that day.
So you better check things out. Some of the building inspectors are starting to be PIA's, already. People of PA. do not accept change very well!

Shoot first, apologize later.....maybe
M
Frank,

I just figured out what to do and just recently got my "Green Card" from the PA department of Labor and Industry.

Here's what you have to do,

Go to the PA department of L&I web site.

Find the UCC certification section.

Down load the proper form(s).

Fill out the form. Send it along with the copies of your test results from experior showing your passing score along with $50 and you will then become L&I certified.

This will take care of you but the agency that you work for has to do some paper work to become recognized.

It isn't easy to find the forms on the web so if you call L&I they will mail them and explaine everything.

email me if you have any questions. Or you can post them here.

Good luck!

F
master66-

Thank you for providing excellent information. I was hopeful there were many State of Pennsylvania electricians / electrical inspectors that particpate in this message board.
You are correct, the forms are difficult to find. May I have the telephone number. I'll just call them as you suggested. Thanks a million. By the way, what is a "green card"?
I took my IAEI exams back in 1986. What year did you take Yours?

Frank Cinker

[This message has been edited by Frank Cinker (edited 06-02-2004).]

M
Try this frank
http://www.dli.state.pa.us/landi/cwp/view.asp?A=124&Q=191082&pp=12&n=1

If the link doesn't work, the number is (717) 787-3323

I took my test in 2002.

I hope you still have your results.

F
master66-

That was a good internet link. I downloaded the form. I did keep my test results from 1986. I plan to mail my application tomorrow. How long does it normally take to get accepted or rejected?
Thanks again for all the information you shared.

Frank Cinker

M
The agency that I work for paid for my green card and also handled the application process.

I'm not sure when they sent it in but I think that it only took a two or three weeks.

I'm sure that you don't have to worry about being rejected especially since you have your test results and I assume been doing inspections.

Oh, they call it a "Green Card" because thats what color it is [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by master66 (edited 06-03-2004).]

Frank:
I can't put my fingers on the papers at the moment, but PA has/had a recip with NJ, and all I did was send in some forms and a fee.

I don't remember what copies of NJ Lic they wanted, but I have ICS/HHS/Sub-Code Electrical, and EC Lic.

My green card is #000200, Catagory 11, 19 & 25. Exp 1/30/2006.

John

John
F
John-

I also have a master electricians license with Chambersburg, PA. I took the national certification exam for that license with Education Testing Service in 1988, Experior since took over for Educational Testing Service. I mailed my application this morning. I enclosed my electrical inspector test results from year 1986. "master66" indicated it takes approx. 2-3 weeks before the state gets back to you.

Frank Cinker

Link Copied to Clipboard