ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#38142 05/15/04 02:21 PM
D
donles Offline OP
In my lurking, I've noticed that I haven't seen any posts from Virgil lately. It's been awhile but I think the last thing I remember is that he was going to hire a helper.
Don

#38143 05/15/04 05:27 PM
W
Last post I saw, he was in a band, playing music fulltime.??

#38144 05/15/04 05:40 PM
F
I think this was the last message from Virgil.

Oh jeez, now I'm feeling bad about abandoning you guys...
#1) My band won the Budweiser battle of the Bands and we've been booked solid, two to three gigs per week. Just opened for Molly Hatchet on Friday night and today we play at a music festival.

#2) Probably going to shut Kelly Electric down for a while. I've lost money on my last three big jobs (looong story) and I'm so far behind on payroll and supplier's account that even if I do get paid for the jobs, I'll still never recover. Quarterlies coming up too, sends me into anxiety attacks thinking about it. Nope, don't want any help. Don't want to continue this on any false hopes. It's actually been kinda fun screwing GC's for a change... I'm making more money watching TV than I am in the 'lectric biz right now...

#3) Been in "pure 100% selfish mode" for the last two months. Typical Capricorn, I'm told. Carol and I are legally seperated.

#4) I've come to the conclusion that code compliance and profit are inversely proportional in WV and I'm not willing to do what it takes to turn a profit.

Soooo... Got some pix I'll try to send to Bill soon. I don't have a new email address yet, but will change my profile and post when I do.

Anyway, love and miss you guys... I'll check in from time to time.

-Virgil

Link Copied to Clipboard