ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#37271 04/25/04 04:50 AM
P
The thanks IMO go to the great members here who do not need 'moderation'.
Well said Bob. There's really little to do but cross an odd T and dot an odd I, correct a mistyped link occasionally, and so on. It's rare that we need to do any real moderating, so thanks to all for being so civilized!

Kudos to Bill and all for making ECN the informative, friendly place that it is.

#37272 04/25/04 09:26 AM
Great Article, ECN is about the greatest thing around!!

The internet is chock full of places that will sell you information for $79.95. Here you get the information free of charge, and with the combined thousands of years of experience of the members, it will undoubtedly be correct. ECN has given the old adage that "Two heads are better than one" a whole new depth and meaning.

Bob's reference to a no moderation necessary environment is a tribute to the class of people that are members. I've looked at other forums, and none can hold a candle to the kindness, civility, and professionalism that's here.

You "lurkers" out there please take note:
You are among friends. C'mon and share with us. The members here are what make this place so good, and your input can just serve to make it even better.

Bill, you're just too humble. After 3-1/2 yrs of seeing your work (like your 2AM posts, and all the help you've given me), I know you've put tons of toil into making this site what it is. You've created a monster [Linked Image], and I'm proud and thankful to be a part of it!
(BTW, how do you feel about being likened to Mr. Rogers? It makes me want to go put on a sweater with leather patches on the elbows.)

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 04-25-2004).]

#37273 04/25/04 11:18 AM
how do you feel about being likened to Mr. Rogers?
That caught me by surprise actually. I've gotten more than one good laugh thinking about it. [Linked Image]

Besides all of you good Folks, I'd have to thank Matt Halverson and EC&M Magazine for writing this. [Linked Image]
Matt really seemed interested in our our 'Neighborhood' here and I think he did a great job!

In closing I'd also like to mention that EC&M is a great, informative magazine that offers FREE subscriptions to many associated with the Electrical Trade. There's a link to subscribe online above the ECN Article, or on any page of their web >> http://ecmweb.com/

Once again, Thanks to all!
[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#37274 04/25/04 11:22 AM
E
Just wanted to say that I am a huge fan of this site and the information that I learn is invaluable at times. Everyone(for the most part) are more than willing to answer questions in an unbiased and knowledgeable fashion. Although I do not post very often I check out the site once a day. Keep up the good work.

#37275 04/25/04 11:14 PM
... GREAT JOB, Bill, I just read the article, and I'm proud to be a member here..Without you there'd be no Forum, and I sincerely tip my hat to you, and everyone else here who labor long and hard to keep it running smoothly..
... Keep up the great work..
Russ

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
#37276 04/26/04 09:15 AM
E
I finally uncovered the latest issue of EC&M this morning at breakfast. I found myself bragging to my 7th grade son that "This is where I hang out, alot." Until a friend refered me to ECN back in 2001, I simply rode the range, mending fences, tending the herd, and would hope I could get what I needed when I returned to town, from time to time. I read alot, but there was no conversation to speak of.

My son looks at me blankly. . .he has no reference. . .he's grown up not knowing the absense of virtual community.

This is paradigm shattering. [Linked Image]

Kudos, Bill!!!

Al Hildenbrand
#37277 04/26/04 04:21 PM
B
I was thinking the same thing, ElectricAl. I think the ECN has made a huge impact because visiting and interacting here has changed how we approach our tasks or where we go for help and going back to old ways sans this cybergroup would mean returning to a less effective situation.

#37278 04/29/04 10:23 PM
S
Sorry to be so late but I just read the article last night at the night job. No, not while I was supposed to be working. I take the mag to work and read it at lunch, only time available it seems. Great article and I even found a couple of new sites. I'm like a lot of the est of us I'm sure in that I already visited 3 of the 5 on the list.

#37279 04/29/04 11:02 PM
J
I agree Bren & Al. I realized the benefits of community several years ago when I met a great inspector that wasn't out to show everyone how much smarter he was, he was just enthusiastic about the NEC, and had a humble way of getting me enthusiastic too. He told me about a class he was teaching at a local trade association, and I joined. There I met a few other great people. Good experience, good work ethic, people you could really benefit from being around.

Well a few years ago, due to time and money constraints, I let my membership lapse. It wasn’t until a couple of months ago I stumbled in here and began to reap the benefits of community again. Although the biggest difference about this place is, you can’t beat the price or the convenience and the quantity and quality of expertise is unmatched.

Nice work Bill! As far as people being more civil here than elsewhere, this is the only place I’ve really been. And not being here long enough to watch this thing evolve I can’t speak to this with absolute certainty, but I can only believe that the level of professionalism and decency to one another is largely do to the moderators who kind of set the pace. So hats off to you. But then again, Bill, you pick the moderators right? So they really can be seen as a reflection of you, your standards, or your vision. Everyone has a role here, but I just want to recognize the importance of Bill’s and the moderators. Thanks.

#37280 04/30/04 09:18 AM
Thanks to all for your comments.

You are all part of the whole. I get a great satisfaction seeing the comradery here and that is a reward in itself.

(Now I've got to go look up 'paradigm')

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard