ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 34 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Let me think, several incidents got me interested in the sheer "power" of power... My dad was an electrical engineer for British Rail, so I had an interest in the complex diagrams he used to bring home (he actually did it so I could draw on the blank back, but you know kids [Linked Image] ) First shocker so to speak was about age 8... I knew christmas tree lights were low voltage, so a non working set is only carrying a few volts right?... out with nail scissors, tidy up the tree... BANG [Linked Image] Learned about 240 volt series connected christmas lights FAST!..it kinda grew from there, fewer bangs these days though [Linked Image]

P
Those fairy lights!

It was far from my first ever shock (see above), but a chain of these was responsible for the worst shock I ever remember getting hit with. I was about 13 at the time, and had a holder disintegrate in my hands, leaving me with the wire which had come adrift from the center contact in one hand and the outer shell of the tiny screw base in the other.

240V hand-to-hand isn't fun! [Linked Image]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard