ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 530 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Just a note guys...DO NOT buy used tools from guys showing up on the job site selling used tools. Same story for flea markets.

Dave

A
I agree with Dave do not buy used tools from guys showing up on job site.In fact you should run them off because they are also checking out the site for what they can steal.

HERE IS HOW I TRY TO PROTECT MY $H!* !!!

I DON'T LET THE VILLAGE IDIOT COME OVER AND RAKE MY YARD !

I DON'T LET THE TOOLS THAT FEED MY FAMILY SIT IN MINIMAL ENVIROMENTS !

I DON'T LET MY WIFE MISTAKE THE HOME SECURITY SYSTEM AS ANOTHER USELESS "GADGET" !

I DON'T LET THE DWELLERS OF THE HOME LEAVE DOORS UNLOCKED !

AND...
I DON'T BELIEVE THE COPS ARE GOING TO DROP A DONUT STOP TO HELP ME FIND MY CORDLESS SCREWDRIVER !

THIS MAY SOUND HARSH BUT LOOK WHAT PEOPLE DO TO INVITE THE THEIVES TO COME GET THEIR STUFF !!!
JUST ASK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU LAY DOWN AT NIGHT..."DID I LEAVE AN INVATATION OUT FOR THE DIRT BAGS TONITE ?"

FEEL FREE TO BASH ME REGARDING THIS POST !!!
...BUT IF YOU DON'T PROTECT YOURSELF...WHO IS !!!

MIKE

...Despite all my RAGE, I am STILL just a rat in a cage...
B
Mike, Mike... we're all sitting within arm's reach of the screen...no need to yell! [Linked Image]

LOL Bren [Linked Image]
I'm with you guys on buying the tools on the street... Just the other day some guys rolled up next to me in a Suburban, the guy in the back rolled his window down & asked me if I was interested in some tools.... He flashed a fairly new looking Milwaukee sawzall, a big Bosch demo drill, & a couple Ryobu things... he said take it all for $120... I rolled up the window & continued to get on the freeway... But not before getting his License plate # & letting Long Beach PD (where I was at the time) know of the offer [Linked Image]

-Randy

Hey , sorry for yelling...but honestly...If "all caps" is hurting your "ears", then you might need your wiring checked...lol

really...sorry ya'll...I just hate dirt bags taking honest folks stuff...ya' know ?

Mike

...Despite all my RAGE, I am STILL just a rat in a cage...
D
DougW Offline OP
Hey Mike, I agree.

I'm not claiming pure innocence on this one - I'm just joining the unfortunate chorus of folks saying "CYA is ALWAYS in effect" as shown through personal misfortune, and reminding folks to be careful.

And I vented a little bit, but that's one of the things to do here.

Even if I don't get everything back, I known that this POS will be going bye-bye.

He should consider himself VERY lucky that he didn't try to "re-invite" himself into my abode again. It would have been a short, and terminal visit.

B
I totally agree with the CYA always on... heck, I'm one of those belligerent children who went off adventuring (overseas) and learned (eventually) that safety & security comes from due diligence in the party of the first part - me.

I also learned that @#$%^&*s aren't necessarily stupid and if you give them a chance to exploit a neglected or vulnerable vantage point, they will even if they have to be clever or hard-working to take the lazy-person's way.

I'm also not opposed to the Smith & Wesson repeat offender prevention plan, we have the same security provider. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 05-28-2004).]

C
Hey Doug, I was reading about your misfortune last night and low and behold I witness my neighbor being robbed today at 12:00 noon. They broke into his garage and stole his ATV which he had just purchase a month ago. From start to finish it probably took no more than a minute an a half. In fact, I though it was his friends before something click into my head that yo something is wrong here. That's when I grabbed my digital camera and took a picture.
Needless to say that when I downloaded the picture and edited it, we had 2 of the 3 descriptions of the guys that robbed him and the license number of the van that they used. It's probably the best thing I ever bought for work this Nikon Coolpix 5000 camera. So I spent the next 2 and a half hours with the police and detectives, which is okay because we now have a better chance to catch these low lifes. Hopefully this will make you feel a little bit better because people do care. I've been in your shoes a couple of times before and it hurts and lowers your trust for people. Sincerely Bill

D
DougW Offline OP
Good job, Bill!

Yeah, it helps to have a place to vent.

I guess they finally went to this guy's apartment, and didn't find a whole lot. And, being a multiple time previous felon, he's still claiming innocence, and isn't letting any info up.

My next step is to place an ad in the local paper for "information about missing tools" etc. etc.... Maybe I'll get some back.

If not, guess I know where my OT money is going for the next few months! [Linked Image]

Thanks to all for the support.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard