ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
mj Offline OP
have any of you guys taken the new certification exam by iaei/nfpa ? Did you get your score results shortly after the testing ?

M
mj Offline OP
ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR EXAM

M
Got my results as soon as I finished the test.

They only give you a "pass" or "fail" not a percentage score.

M
mj Offline OP
master 66, I an refering to the new test,with iaei/napa, it just started this year.I took the test last week, and I did not get a pass/fail result. the print out stated it will be up to twelve weeks before my score/ or pass/fail result is known. this is misleading information, the nfpa/iaei handbook stated that the pass/fail results will be given as soon as the exam is compleated.

P
MJ
I thought that test was two parts, one part the test, the other part requires inspections to be made. Maybe I am wrong, I will have to look again.

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
J
JG Offline
I am also interested in this. I took the inspector test and recieved a 90. Our state say's I must have the certificate to get the job, but you can not take the test until you have the job, unless approval is given by the beaurea cheif. How do I go about keeping the results until an active position opens? Can I join the ICBO at this point?

This is a question I had, as well.
Your certification isn't complete without the "practicum". That pretty much leaves an associate member unable to take the test, doesn't it?

M
I think that all I had to do was send in a list of qualifications to experior or IAEI, can't remember, then they sent an authorization letter. I had never inspected before I took the test.

When I got the test results, I sent a copy to the IAEI and BOCA. Both sent me certificates.

Then I contacted an independent inspection agency, which is what we use around here, who the sent my qualifications to the power company (Allegheny Power) who then recognized me as an inspector.

I now work part time for the agency, how ever much I want to, and the inspection fees are split 60/40.

Link Copied to Clipboard