ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#36133 03/29/04 12:04 AM
A
AndyL Offline OP
How does one go about gettin an apprentice card? dont you get one for every year you are an apprentice?

So for example say I want to go to work as a apprentice and the employer asks me for my card!

Just been looking at jobs available in Idaho and most of em say you need a card!

Fill me in, Im gettin overwhelmed with info about this trade and my brain is frying [Linked Image]

#36134 03/29/04 11:34 AM
R
Hi Andy. If I'm not mistaken, you live in Idaho. I live in the Salt Lake area myself, but I can tell you that Utah and Idaho rules are nearly identical. As a matter of fact, I have to be approved by Idaho and Wyoming as an instructor before I can teach Utah electricians!

You won't be able to get licensed as an apprentice until you have a sponsor, meaning that you must be working for somebody as ann electrician before you get licensed. Be careful on this: There are some outfits that drag their feet on getting new gys licensed. Don't let this happen to you! When you go to journey out you will have to show 8,000 hours as a licensed electrician. I know guys that have 6 years under their belt, but only 3 of them under a license. That means that can not journey out on time [Linked Image]

Once again, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I am about 99% [Linked Image] If all else fails, get a hold of these folks:

STATE OF IDAHO
DIVISION OF BUILDING SAFETY
ELECTRICAL BUREAU
PO BOX 83720
BOISE ID 83720-0028

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City

Link Copied to Clipboard