ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 228 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Figure 619 may have needed a machinist to drill and tap the plug.

Might the porcelain knob supporting the cable off the tee/plug made it an early space-age "isolated ground"?

In all seriousness, does anyone else remember a more recent “drilled and tapped” from the inside hole and screw for grounding? It was illustrated in a more recent NEC handbook. Its purpose was to provide a “legal” equipment-ground termination where buried PVC was connected to above-ground GRC and a class-1 j-box for explosion-proof equipment.

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 03-13-2004).]

M
I don't know, this thing looks cheaper than the $4800 bucks I dropped on my greenlee 555 speed bender. I'm all for saving money where I can.

H
...this thing looks cheaper than the $4800 bucks I dropped on my greenlee 555 speed bender.

Yeah, but did you consider what it costs to feed and board a horse or mule these days?

I think I'm going to make our new company uniform what the guy on the right is wearing. I like the cap. Think the guys will object?

-Hal

S
That open hook looks dangerous, a lot weaker than a closed shackle or eyelet. The open side is down, which is also more dangerous than it would be if the open side was up.

Not only that, but the whole thing would definitely tip over toward the pulling force before it bent the pipe, even with the guy standing where he is. It would need to be bolted to the floor or have a longer base with more weight farther from the pivot point.

Interesting concept, though. I love man's ingenuity.

Look this over too.

[Linked Image from joetedesco.com]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
R
looks better than the one on our job!

...Whatever happened to bending pipe between the rear bumper of the van,and the rear tire... [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] Thats what my old boss did once...he was too cheap to get a 1-1/4" EMT bender... [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Russ

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
E
I remember using the exhaust pipe of my service van to provide heat to bend 1/2 inch PVC for an offset. remember to glue the connector on first, as the end will distort.

Earl
B
Joe, you’ve given us proof that Margaritas evolved from the electrical trade. Note the equipment manufacturer in the caption at: www.joetedesco.com/gallery/Conduit-Installations-and-Inspections-in-1924/tedesco19

‘Osterizer’ is brand/slang for a blender — irreplaceable in the hospitality-beverage biz.

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 03-15-2004).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard