ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
... I am the new,proud owner(well, the bank owns it)..of a 2004 Ford E-250 van...I'm really excited,..it's definitely a step up from my little Chevy Astro EXT....It came with shelving,and cabinets.The payments are gonna sting,but it'll help me build credit.I gotta get a ladder rack,cuz they wanted too much to include it,so I'll get one installed elsewhere... I wanted to Christen her with a bottle of champagne,but I'm gonna have her Blessed by a Priest instead..
AR

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
B
Congrats! There's nothing like a new Ride and one that will help pay for itself must rank especially high!

E
Congrats Rat,

I suggest you splurge a little on the ladder rack and get a good one, maybe with built in lock downs. It makes it much easier to get the ladders on and off the truck.

Muchas Gracias!!!
I appreciate your replies... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Yeah,Electric Eagle,I'm looking into getting something nice,It'll look tacky to tie the ladder down using pieces of 12-3 romex,like I've been doing on the other truck... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I'm also getting Lo-Jack installed..(for a break in the insurance)..is this a bogus item,or do they really aid in recovering the van if it's stolen...??
AR

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
W
Low Jack works very well. Two years ago my truck was stolen and cleaned out. Got the truck back a week later empty.

The only tools they found were my ladders and invoice books.....at a chop shop....where the police retrieved another commercial vehicle stolen a couple of hours earlier. That truck had Low Jack and the police were led directly to the chop shop.

That guy got all his tools back.

W
A ladder rack with lock downs??? Do you mean Romex or black tape [Linked Image]

F
I just bought a "Dock Top" utility module for my 3/4 ton pick-up last week. I installed an instant side-access ladder rack on it for my 28' ext ladder. It is the greatest thing I've ever used for hauling a ladder. Never lift it higher than my chest and no tie-down straps to fool with. From American Van. I highly recommend it. I highly recommend the Dock Top too. Self -contained and can be driven out from under while fully loaded using camper stands in about 20 minutes. The Dock Top is by Monroe Custom Bodys, Inc. in Mt. Comfort, IN. They have a website but the Dock Top is new and isn't on the site yet. I have pictures of my set-up. E-mail me if you're curious/interested.

H
Congratulations! You made a good choice, I've had only Ford vans since 1969. They have had a few wierd problems over the years but nothing too serious. The '98 I use now feels like the steering is falling apart. Been that way since day 1. The dealer says they all do that (that's what they say about everything). I have checked and it seems to be a common problem for that year. Seems the tie rods rotate when you turn the wheels and you feel them hit the limit of their rotation. Doesn't mean anything but try to tell that to a prospective buyer.

As far as a ladder rack goes, take a tip from the TELCO's. They use a lock down rack usually made by Crown. That's what I always use and it's been worth it.

-Hal

W
Dubya thanks you for your help trying to boost the economy, but to be a true Ratmobile you can't stop untill you have those 22" spinner rims. Oh yea good luck with the new ride.

A
Congrats on the new truck.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard