ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
B
I thought someone had posted a link not too long ago to a site which could essentially train a person with the basics for AutoCad. If someone can locate the link and post it again or refer me to the post, I'd appreciate it tremendously since I've gotten AutoCad Lite and am trying to ramp up for a network design project.

N
I don't know of a specific link but there are allot of great books out there. Are you just starting the program for the first time or do you have previous experience?

This is the link for the AutoDesk discussion forums. Do a search for specific questions you have before asking. Chances are it's already been asked more than once!
Also, if the moderators here don't mind post them here. Time permitting I will answer and I am sure Scott35 and a few others can too.

Broom Pusher and
Bren;

Nick mentioned the same things I was thining of (1st time user, or some previous experience).

If 1st time, we can try to guide you through a few simple steps, which should get you somewhat comfortable with the basic "how-to's" and such.

If you have some experience (have at least drawn a Rectangle in AutoCAD), then things may be much easier on both sides.

Feel free to ask away. If you wish to contact me directly, feel free to do this also.
Would be nice to cover some basics (maybe a few advanced things too) in this thread - makes for interesting reading!

Nick;

Glad you are offering asistance with CAD Q's! [Linked Image]
With the two of us posting information, Bren should be able produce the Network Drawings really soon... and maybe with some tossed in AutoLISPs!... [Linked Image]

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
N
Scott,
AutoLISP's are a great thing! Unfortunatly AutoCAD LT (which I think she said she has) does not have LISP capability. [Linked Image]

B
Thanks, Nick & Scott, I'm looking at the AutoDesk page for info.

I'm new to AutoCad except for a shareware 3D plan builder that I bought at Office Depot and also having watched the draftsman here at work whip around AutoCad like a kindergartner with a magic crayon.

I'll search for some intro info on AutoCAD LT and go from there. Thanks for the offer to help!

N
One word of advise since you are just starting. Learn the keyboard short cuts. It's much faster than relying on drop down menus or tool bars.

Link Copied to Clipboard