ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 407 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#34818 02/25/04 04:12 PM
C
Red and yellow prior to green?! Holy cow, here in California that would be taken as the signal to stage a little deeper, wind up your engine and prepare to pop the clutch. Heaven help anyone who hasn't cleared the intersection when it turns green. Around here people get so antsy to go they look at the signal for the cross traffic to see if their turn is coming. In many spots the cities have installed shields at the lights so that you can't see them unless they are for you. They also used to use polarized lenses to make them unreadble from the side, but those are pretty rare now.

#34819 02/26/04 06:56 PM
B
I'll bet that electure, Scott35 and CaOperator agree that CWK’s signal head would not be found in California. ...It’s the wrong color. ;-)

#34820 02/27/04 10:14 AM
P
here in California that would be taken as the signal to stage a little deeper, wind up your engine and prepare to pop the clutch

The same in some places here! I've never seen the point of having the R+Y phase, as it just encourages some people to go forward before green. It seems our nearest neighbors don't see any need for it either, as neither Ireland nor France have it.

It's inconsistent as well, because at lights where there's a green arrow filter for turns (while still red for other directions), the green arrow just pops on without any amber first. By the way, we don't have the flashing-red aspect here either, nor do we have turns on red.

#34821 02/27/04 12:36 PM
C
C-H Offline
The yellow is the signal to wind up your engine and prepare to pop the clutch, or so I was taught in driving school. [Linked Image] Mind you, I failed the driving test once for driving too slow. And twice for some other reasons, like driving the wrong way in a one way street...

#34822 02/27/04 03:29 PM
C
To hutch I work on computers not electronics. I'm no good at that stuff. But I will find a way to control it maybe with this http://trafficlights.com/P3ad.htm Just have to ask the company if it will work with my LED ones And what color are the ones in california? since you said its the wrong color. I'm in Connecticut they vary in color most are yellow with a black front (The newer ones) but the older one are just yellow or green

Oh and in CT you can tell when the light is going to be green if you can see the other light turn yellow wait light 5 secs and you will have a green light

[This message has been edited by ComputerWizKid (edited 02-27-2004).]

Theres always enough room in the junction box.You just need a bigger hammer
#34823 02/27/04 04:46 PM
B
http://www.econolite.com/pdf/signals/12alum.pdf page 2 “Standard Colors”
CWK: Sorry, I should have been more specific. Four housing colors are available. “Dark olive green” is used in CA... Assumedly, housing contrast against sky and light source is increased.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard