ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Redsy Offline OP

E
I just contacted them about re-doing my roof. I'll let you know how it worked out.

Earl

Earl
J
Redsy,

I have been a member for several years. I have not done any of the job leads that they sent out. The customers don't seem to be really serious in my experiences.

The cost structure seems to be rather steep. Some jobs are a $10 lead fee plus 7% of the contracted job. I beleive that the fee schedule is posted at www.improvenetpro.com

The job leads I have recieve from wwww.contractor.com seem to be more targeted anf the fee is more reasonable also. Membership for a Silver level is $395/yr, but includes $150 in lead fees..

email me if you need any contact info.

Rojosy, where the heck have you been?

R
Redsy Offline OP
electure,

Thanks for noticing my absence(and return).
Well, I have been through some crucial emotional times that have kept me distracted.

I just quit a job that I have been at for 24 years to try to make a go of it on my own full time. The anguish that I have gone through to finally let go, I wouldn't wish on anyone.

I gave up a nice shop/office, pleasant working conditions, 28 vacation days, and about $28.00/ hr. with full benefits.

I have 3 young kids, a mortgage, and now a health care payment. I am 42 years old and am tired of working for a large corporation that appears to exhibit contempt for the very constituency that comprises it (us, the employees).

This Friday will be my last day.

But, enough about me. How are you?
[Linked Image]

Redsy,
Good on ya mate!. [Linked Image]
Hope it pays the bills.
I don't think I need to tell you where to look to for advice!!. [Linked Image]

R
Redsy Offline OP
Trumpy,

Thanks for your wishes.

I now know what NERVOUS means. [Linked Image]

P
Redsy
I wish you all the luck that hard work will bring you. Actually the hardest part (actually leaving) will be your hardest part. Hard work, networking with others, and your willingness to do the right thing will all be your building blocks to success. When I started my business, it was about 5 years before I was comfortable with the change in my life and the consistency that time will require for the new venture.
Good Luck and Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
R
Redsy Offline OP
Earl, Jim, Electure, Trumpy, PCB.

Thanks for your replies and wishes.
Until the dust settles, I probably will just scan the forum.
Hopefully, as I mellow out, I will once again participate more frequently.
Interestingly, it was at morning coffee and daily breaks at my (ex-) job that I spent most of my time on the site.
I'll keep you posted. [Linked Image]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hey All, I am new here and found these past posts very interesting as I too am recently out on my own after leaving a P.M. position with many perks. Yes, the mental side has been up and down..It took me two years of thinking about all the pros and cons to finally come to the point that life was too short and it was time to leap. With that said I am very interested in what you all do to chase down jobs. In my case I have started up small and the large work I P.M.ed are out of the question as well as the general contractors I worked with at that level. Thanks in advance for any advice or input and hope it was OK to post this here and not start a new topic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard