ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 268 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
mj Offline OP
do any of you guys no of ways a lazy electrican/inspector can earn extra money. I have a 40 hour inspectors job ,but I am not premitted to do any extra work as an electrician.

L
LK Offline
Why are you not allowed to work outside of your inspection area.?

R
No.

In fact, I don't know of any way that a lazy person, regardless of their feild, can earn money.

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
R
On the other hand, if your not lazy, you can do what I do...provide electrical plan review services for cities that lack a knowledged NEC plans examiner.

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
P
How about providing seminars on sugjects the electricians can use help in. I am sure you see the need on a weekly basis.
Offer a good program with excellent information that the men can take to the bank and you will 'kill two birds with one stone'
You will have extra work and the men will benefit.

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
D
I'm in the same boat as you MJ. I however do teach at a community college in the electrical trades classes there.
By the time I get home from inspecting all day, I'm to lazy to go out into the field at night and try to earn a few dollars. I would rather see the contractors go out a earn those few dollars, they need it, i'm already being paid.
Doug

E
I teach adult apprentices at a local technical high-school. But, it is not work for a "lazy" person. Maybe you are just tired of manual labor? There is a difference between bone-tired and wore-out.

Earl
MJ:
There are quite a few ways to increase your income, and also to gain some satisfaction.

County/Local Vo-Tech schools may need part time instructors (electrical trades). Here in NJ you need a certificate to teach. It's a very satisfying PT job, and the extra $$ helps, but the satisfaction is priceless.

Some towns 'look' for PT inspectors, either for field inspection, or as Ryan said, Plan Review, if you are qualified to do that.

Home inspectors/realtors are also a good source for PT work, as are RE management firms.

Unfortunatley, none of the above are types of work that 'fall in your lap'; YOU have to exert time and energy to find them.....and if you get them...exert energy and do the job.

Unfortunatley, using the word "lazy", is not a good choice word to put on an application, or resume.

The above opinions are not meant to be sarcastic, or invoke any bad feelings toward anyone.

John

John
G
Well there's always the circuit breaker "black market" as recent threads attest. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard