ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mj Offline OP
I wake up about 530am, shower,shave...etc.. Check the morning newspaper (obituaries) to make sure I am among the living.I leave home about 645am for work,get to work at 7am.Check messages and return phone calls.9am leave the office for field work. 1130am 1230am lunch. 1pm back in the office to check messages and return phone calls.130pm back out in the field until 4pm.

R
I also get up at about 5:30. I shower and shave, make coffee and hit the door. I get to office at about 7:00, drink more coffee and visit these sites for about an hour. I inspect till 5:00 then go home.

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
M
up at 6-6.45, three S's, on the road by 7:15. Stand in line to turn in yesterdays work, stand in another line to pick up todays work, then a third liine to get equipment. Out to the field by 9 to get my 8-10am appointments done. Barly slide in to all of my jobs on time all day (a cable guy is only on-time to his first job in any given time frame) Take no lunch. Barly slide in the door at school for classes at 6pm. Finaly put the truck to bed around 10-10:30. Eat dinner with the wife, do paper work for work for around an hour. Make sure I comprehend school work for the day. And watch that 70's Show, King of Queens, And Steve Harvey Show. Finally, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I
No set pattern 7AM to 3:30PM is the offical day for me, but sometimes the job is 2 hrs away sometimes 5 minutes.

Add to that I work nights instead of days when they need me to.

Nights can be 7PM to 7AM or if I am lucky 9PM to Midnight and get my 8 hrs pay. [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
E
Wakeup around 6-6:30. Shower,shave sometimes coffee and breakfast. Usually i am at clients doorstep between 7:30-8:00. Usually finish 4-5 PM. Leave jobsite and go hunt down material for the next day.
I had all my phone call forwarded to my cell #, Thank God i have been busy lately so i have all those call forwarded to my home office where my lovely wife picks up. She still needs training but it is better than talking to the client while in the crawl space and writing addresses down on the floor joists.

Edward

Thanks
Edward
U
Get up at 5:00am. Scratch my beard, showered last night [Linked Image] Make a big breakfast... eggs, sausage, toast, milk, coffee; and cereal or yogurt. (I had to do this as I was running out of steam before coffeetime). Throw my lunch together. Get on my work gear (overalls, jacket, boots, knapsack, etc).

Run out the door at 5:55 to catch the bus at 5:58. 10 minute bus ride, 20 minutes on the commuter train, 10 more minutes on a bus, and a brisk 10 minute walk.

Usually have about 10 minutes to guzzle coffee before I start at 7:00. Coffee break at 9:30. Lunch at 12:45. If I'm lucky, one of the two foreman will have shown up so I can get some material ordered [Linked Image] Finish the day at 3:15. Getting home is the exact reverse of getting to work. Repeat 5 times each week.

~Kevin

Broom Pusher and
If the jobs are "Normal Schedules" (work during the day), then it's like this:

• Wake @ 3:30 - 4:00 AM,
  • Work 5:00 AM to either 2:00, 3:00 or 4:00 PM,
  • Play Project Manager until 6:00 - 7:00 PM,
  • Eat + hang with my Wife until 9:00 PM,
  • Hit sack, repeat again (goto "Wake").

If working "Inverted Schedule" (Night work), then invert schedule above by 12 Hours [Linked Image]

If working in the Office, then alter schedules to read as:

• Wake at 5:00 AM,
  • Be at Office around 6:00 - 6:30 AM,
  • Work until eyes bug out and water (around 6:00 PM),
  • Get Home around 7:00 PM,
  • Play on computer or do some paperwork until ???,
  • Hang out with my Wife (and maybe eat Dinner),
  • Goto bed at ???,
  • Repeat from "Wake at 5:00 AM".

When doing any EE / Designing and related work:
I see the Sun rise, set, then rise again! [Linked Image]
Just joking... these tasks have no set times, but do run into the 12-14-16 hour marathon lengths very often!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
As with Scott 35, I'm up at 3:30 or 4 (even Sat & Sun) as a habit.
Usually computer & coffee 'til about 5.
Into office by 6, out to the field about 6:15 'til ? (Target time is 2:30)
I like this hourly in the field schedule.
(Last job as a Proj Manager had me gone from about 4:30-5AM until 7 at night)
Usually in bed by 7:30 or so.
Life is good...S

OK:
M/W/F are 7:30 to 5:30 with my EC business. at shop by 8:00 guys out by 8:15-8:30 P/U mail, go on estimates, do paper, etc. Squeeze in lunch as available.

Tuse/Thurs (P/T AHJ)
Leave house at 6:50 for drive to Twp office, get cup of coffee, at office 7:30+/-. Get days insp ready, out by 8:15/8:30 quick to g coffee at 10:00. Lunch as convenient and as time allows (1/2 hr max) Back to Twp office after field inspections anywhere from 2:30 to ?? Enter daily inspections, do CIC, file, pull cards for next day....then permit apps, and/or Plan Review till 4:00PM.

I left out the phone calls, 'pit stop', questions, and all the other misc stuff that overfills a normal day.

Wed. Nite:
Get to county vo-tech school for class that I teach. Arrive at 6:00, prep, class 6:30 to 9:00 PM.

Sat/Sun:
Usually 'down time', but we (EC)do work on 'as needed' basis, nites and weekends.
Paperwork for EC, and reading for next class I teach, as required.

John

John
C
Radio goes on before 7 (in not on all night),
actually get up 8:30 to 9, bum a round a bit with breakfast/coffee. Catch up on TV watching until noon, go out an do things and have lunch,
the comuter/TV in the afternoon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard