ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 532 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
88 in 18 minutes.
I'd put this test in the same categorie as a "do your own brain surgery/lobotomy" test..S

R
OK Ryan, how did you do?

I got mid eighties in 18 minutes.

[This message has been edited by Ryan_J (edited 01-22-2004).]

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
M
I got a 90 in 33 minutes, and I'm not in any of the trades! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

This was taken from http://www.nachi.org/aboutexam.htm

I heard that NACHI's Online Inspector Examination is too easy. Is this true?
No. The exam is difficult for some and easy for others. Only about 1/2 the people who take the exam for the first time pass. The average grade is failing. You need a score of 75 to pass. NACHI gathers national statistics about each question on the exam. These statistics are automatically updated every time someone takes the exam. Statistics concerning level of difficulty are displayed for each question as you take the exam. Some of the national statistics about the exam, including pass/fail rates, are available on our web site. Critics must recognize that this exam is NACHI's entrance exam. Passing the exam is required to join NACHI. Other associations have no entrance requirements. Pets and blind men can and have joined other national associations.

I heard that NACHI's Online Inspector Examination is too difficult. Is this true?

No. The exam is difficult for some and easy for others. A general understanding of residential construction and components is helpful. Most exam takers who have a background in construction are able to pass on the first attempt even though they have no inspection experience. Remember, if you fail we can use your exam results to help determine what you need to study. NACHI gathers national statistics about each question on the exam. These statistics are automatically updated every time someone takes the exam. Statistics concerning level of difficulty are displayed for each question as you take the exam. Some of the national statistics about the exam, including pass/fail rates, are available on our web site.

I understand that the exam contains too many questions about wiring and electricity. Why?

It is true that the exam contains extra questions about wiring and electricity. Although wiring and electricity is only a small part of a home inspection, it is one of the more important parts. This is because electrical problems, unlike plumbing for example, can destroy property and kill people.

Also, passing this exam does not get you a membership: http://www.nachi.org/membership.htm

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Joe,
Thanks for the link, mate!. [Linked Image]
I have to be honest and say that on my one attempt at it, I got 66.
Will go back and try again though.
I must agree that the questions could be a bit more precise as to what they are asking.
All in all though, I really enjoyed taking the test. [Linked Image]

D
16 minutes 81 percent, guess I could have done better but that would have made me think about each answer too long.

| )ubli| |
A
I am impressed with many of the grades that many here have managed to achieve taking our entrance exam.

Maybe I could clarify the test a little further. Our exam is only a test of basic konwledge in our field. The test is not meant to be so difficult that you would have to spend the next year of your life studying just in order to get a passing grade.

Recently, a code enforcement official took our test and failed. He studied for a few weeks then came back and passed.

While many that know the material consider the test easy, there are many that don't know the material. The test is only easy if you know the answers, many don't. If you took the test, you probably noticed at the end it told you how well you did in each area, giving your score as a percentage which is simply meant to let the "taker" know which area(s) that they should study in order to improve.

As an association we are always discussing ways to improve the exam, so if you have any comments please pass them along, we would be more than happy to hear your thoughts.

Our thanks goes out to Joe T and the rest of you for your help.

Joe Myers
A & N Inspections, Inc.
Phoenixville, PA 19460
J
Just took this for fun, 93% in 25 minutes. Weakest areas were general and exterior.

By the way, were a lot of the correct answers already highlighted when you took this test?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard