ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 379 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Wirenut, What supply house are you at and what brand of GFI recept?

C
Local trade price for "lockout" GFIs is 9.21 + tax. Plate not included.

Peter
S
hmmmm, i guess i'll let the cat outta the bag..

He's @ CES (Consolodated Electric Supply), they manufacture thier own GFI's, as well as lighting brands

There a fair sized company, very competitive

~S~

D
You might try Sunstar Lighting... but their minimums seem awfully high.

I'll confess to using the Box... biggest advantages compared to my local Electrical Contractor Supplier (ECS) is that they are reasonably competetive, closely located, as well as having better (longer) hours. They will start gouging once you get out of the Romex/1/2" EMT area, though. Probably due to (lack of) everyday sales.

As for the few items that the Box is lower on? I usually follow a "15%" rule. If my local ECS is within 15%, I'll give him the biz instead. Of course, his being the only ECS in our "economically challenged" community allows me a feeling of contribution to the community as well.

Besides, many of the folks working at the Box don't know the codes (Nat'l or local).

[short story] Was installing a 220 run for a dryer in St. Louis for my girlfriend (before she became my wife). Pulled an unused breaker from the panel, and asked her to stop bythe Box and pick one up.
A "pro" in the electrical dept. told her that "Only a licensed electrician can buy breakers, little lady" (she was 28, and 5'8" - and not exactly little")

She called me later than evening and was PISSED!!! I went down there that weekend, license in hand, to confront the "pro"... he wasn't working.
Have had similar situations at the Box (asked for Siemens breakers & got told they don't have them, until we asked where the nearest Lowe's was, and suddenly "oh, you want just breakers? They're over here"

Pretty much isolated to StL area, but still better advertising for my local guys! [/short story]

[This message has been edited by DougW (edited 01-22-2004).]

W
C.E.S. (concord electric supply) Westford, Ma. branch. No, we don't have the new lock out brand as of yet. We carry a few brands; SES which is a sister company, P&S and Cooper. At this time there's been some problems with the new lock out brand so our sister co. will not produce them. At the moment we're selling out the regular types which as far as I know is still legal to install. The way I understand it, it's only UL white book and not adopted until the 2005 NEC.

[This message has been edited by Wirenuttt (edited 01-25-2004).]

S
i find it odd that the lockout concept is exclusive to devices and not breakers....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard