ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
I am looking for some round fluorescents with covers and pull chain switches. I found 15W fixtures with pull chains from Lithonia but they are not round. They are for large closets with high ceilings in an old Victorian. Anyone seen any?
Thanks, Brian

E
I had a need for these one time years ago, couldn't find any, so I made my own. Take a round fixture, then drill the appropriate size hole and install the pull-chain switch (available at any hardware store). Fixtures are not required to be UL listed. So, do a good job, and there is no prob.
BTW, many fixtures will already have the KO for the switch installation on the base.

Earl
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thanks early, that was a good idea. I bought the stuff today and that's what I'm going to do. The problem is this lady is 91 yrs old and she puts 100 watt bulbs in all her fixtures and I can't tell her different so I don't dare put an incandesent in the closet! So I'll use a nice bright fluorescent.
Brian

Link Copied to Clipboard