ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#32325 12/20/03 09:07 PM
..We were roughing in an addition, and at the top of the staircase was my 2-gang box with 2-3way switch legs, as well as the feeds...well, the studs were open, and nothing prevented anyone from seeing what was stapled on the studs..I'd used "3M stack-its" and was well within my 1-1/4" from stud edges...anyway this yutz comes drilling through with his bell-bit,and goes thru not one, not two, but all 3 of my wires I had painstakingly run upstairs from the switch location down below...I WAS LIVID!!! I then told the HO what happened, and re-ran the lines again,..this time as an EXTRA!!!

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
#32326 12/20/03 09:21 PM
H
Hope the HO charged it back to the alarm guy. Sometimes this happens to the best of us but not in broad daylight.

#32327 12/20/03 09:23 PM
D
Originally posted by Attic Rat-
..We were roughing in an addition, and at the top of the staircase was my 2-gang box with 2-3way switch legs, as well as the feeds...well, the studs were open, and nothing prevented anyone from seeing what was stapled on the studs..

Hey AR... You assumed that someone would
A) looking to see if they were oging to hit something, or
B) Give a hoot!

Hey, let the HO take your extra out of the alarm guy's check.

Just wait until he tries to tie into your 110 for his 24vdc xformer.

Tell him (Alarm genius) he needs a dedicated "56 bizziloampere" circuit, for his alarm's brain box for the low, low price of [drevil] "ONE...MILLION...DOLLARS...MuWHA HAHAHAHA"[/drevil]

DougW - having too much fun at work....

#32328 12/20/03 09:59 PM
E
So you guys have never screwed up? I doubt that. I would not be happy either but could it have been an honest (stupid) mistake?

#32329 12/20/03 10:22 PM
Dude,...I screw up all the time,..I just thought it was this guys turn for the razzing!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
#32330 12/21/03 01:37 AM
F
I had a similar incident happen one time on a custom house job.

My helper came looking for some wirenuts to give to the plumbers. When I asked him what the plumbers needed the wirenuts for he didn't have a clue.

When I confronted the plumbers I found out that they had run their hole saw through one of my feed wires while drilling a hole for a vent pipe. They were trying to splice the wire back together and avoid a back charge.

I wasn't too happy with them about what they had done or with my helper either. I told my helper that plumbers don't normally need wirenuts to do their job and he should have asked them what was going on.

I think that some of these other tradesmen (if you can call some of them that) simply don't care about anybody else's work but their own.

I fought with the drywallers on another job I did earlier this year. They were tearing up my boxes and pipes on a major remodeling job I was doing. If the stuff was in their way it wound up on the floor. The super didn't do anything about it until they started tearing up the metal door jambs-then he threw the whole bunch off the job. I was having a good laugh about it but he didn't think it was funny then. The guys they hired to finish the job couldn't believe the mess they made. Guess that's what happens when you go with the low bidder and inexperienced help-not to mention lax supervision.

[This message has been edited by fla sparkey (edited 12-21-2003).]

#32331 12/21/03 07:16 AM
S
one of constructions golden rules is to 'not screw up the other trades'....

#32332 12/21/03 11:37 AM
M
While we are at it how about another golden rule that states thou shall not shock the other trades. Too many times to remember I have had other sub's tell me about the "other" job they were on where the electrician on the job told them not to worry about a wire/ cable - it's not hot, and they got shocked or saw an arc.

#32333 12/21/03 12:22 PM
E
Similar situation here.

I was rewiring a house and had a bad time with one of the carpenters. We could not communicate with eachother. Anyway long story short he got fired.
When it came time to test the electrical i kept getting a short on a lighting circuit. We found it after 1 HR. pparemtly before he got fired the guy intentionally drove a 3" screw across a 2x4 ceiling joist directlty into my 14-3 and the whole attic was cover with blown insulation. But we found it.
Showed it to his boss. I think the guy is still looking for a job.

Edward

Thanks
Edward
#32334 12/21/03 03:14 PM
S
While we are at it how about another golden rule that states thou shall not shock the other trades. Too many times to remember I have had other sub's tell me about the "other" job they were on where the electrician on the job told them not to worry about a wire/ cable - it's not hot, and they got shocked or saw an arc

when asked here macmikeman, i inform other trades that what is live is for me to know, and them to worry about...

~S~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard