ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 521 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I'm still reeling from my aunt's roach-filled ghetto-blaster that she had asked me to look at last week.
..I hear you man,...you would think they would fry or something..climbin' over live wires like that...must be that high impedance,exo-skeleton that they sport...I think I'll get me a suit made of that stuff, and throw caution to the wind...then I'll call myself...Attic Roach [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 12-18-2003).]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
R
Mmmm....roaches

[Linked Image from synergizedsolutions.com]

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
N
I cut into a wall in an apartment to fish a new feeder to a panel one time, and cut into a motherlode of roaches. Literally HUNDREDS of the damned things, dead and alive, pouring out of the hole!

Had to dump out all the toolboxes on the sidewalk to make sure i didn't infest my truck! Showered 3 times before I felt clean.

And the tenant actually got ticked off that I refused to finish my work till the place was fumigated! [Linked Image]

And the tenant actually got ticked off that I refused to finish my work till the place was fumigated!
...UGGGHHH!!! they probably didn't mind that you hit the "motherlode"...as they're probably accustomed to them...I don't blame ya for leavin'...

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
P
I guess you'll all be pleased to hear that these beasties are pretty rare in England!

T
I got a call one Thanksgiving Eve, by a landlord who had a rental that half the lights and the furnace were out. Got there and immediately went to the basement to check out the problem. The place seemed clean,(first mistake), pointed my flashlight around to find the panel and starting walking towards it,as I took the first step,(second mistake) I heard a crunch and thought not much of it til the second and third, pointed the light to the floor and there were cockroaches everywhere... Scurry, scurry . Now comes the fight or flight instinct, what do I do run like h*ll, or fix the problem, it was 23 degrees outside and these people had no heat.
The problem was not that big a deal just the working conditions, and having to share the work space with another tennant.

Those insects, by far, have got to be the most disgusting bugs in the entire world.
The whole problem when "Forced" to work around them is you have to check you clothes and feet so as to be sure not to take one of them with you, it only takes one.
The landlord had to have 3 anti-bug treatments before they were gone, or so he says, I have not gone back there since.

Tom ( I hate roaches) Illig

Thomas-F
W
I went to check out a vacant building that had been a culinary school. (Cooking school)

Opened the door and turned on the light in one room and a HERD of cockroaches headed for the door....where I was standing.
They were so big you could hear them running.
They must have ate well to get that big.

It was kind of fun......the big ones pop when you step on them.

T
It was kind of fun......the big ones pop when you step on them.

I'll stick to popping plastic bubbles, thank you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard