ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#32044 12/14/03 06:48 PM
J
johnny Offline OP
I was wondering if anyone had a chart for cross reference(fitting)of circuit breakers, I had one printed out that I kept in my van but it got lost. It came in handy for a quick look up to see what breakers would fit what panels.

Thanks
john

C
You need to read the label on the panel. There is no master list that shows what breakers go into each panel. Generally the breakers must be manufactured by the same company the makes the panel. There are some UL classified breakers the do work in many different panels but this information is required to be printed on the breaker. You also need to make sure you only use tandem breakers in the positions indicated on the panel. Fault current is another consideration that is very important.

Curt

Curt Swartz
J
johnny Offline OP
thanks but I am quite aware of all of that.

What I really wanted was the list that I did have which showed interchangable breakers as challenger will fit into CutlerHammer and etc

I guess you dont have one
Thanks anyway
johnny

S
Johnny, you can't use a replacement breaker just because it will physically fit. The replacement breaker must be UL classified to use as a replacement. Here is a link to Cutler-Hammer's classfied replacement breakers. http://www.eatonelectrical.com/NASA...es&cid=987090265970&Sec=products

steve

[This message has been edited by stamcon (edited 12-14-2003).]

Steve
E
I saw a booklet at a supply house from MURRAY that had all the listed and certified breakers. I tried to get a copy was not able to.
i also found a site from SIEMENS but can not recall that site.

Edward

Thanks
Edward
E
http://www.sea.siemens.com/resident/docs/RPXR-S0002-0202.pdf

Above link is cross reference to panel boards. i know is not what you are looking for but it is a good list to have.

Edward

Thanks
Edward
R
Johnny: Perhaps you should read 110.3(B)

The comment "thanks but I'm aware of that" frightens me a bit. Are you able to choose wich codes and standards best fit your application and apply them?

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City

Link Copied to Clipboard