ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
R
Redsy Offline OP
Is it OK to store the spare cordless (Milwaukee) tool battery in the charger while it is not plugged in?

Thanks

N
Depends on the internal design of the charger.

If the battery is charged through a series diode (or equivalent), then things should be fine. Otherwise, the battery may discharge itself back through the charger circuitry, leaving you with a completely dead battery when you go to use it.

R
Redsy Offline OP
Thanks, NJ.
The discharging was my concern.
I'll try Milwaukees websit to see if I can find some info.

T
Redsy:

Long time no talk. Do you have an e-mail address different than what is listed in your profile? That one bounced.

S
SJT Offline
Hello Redsy,
Not to change the Charger subject, but I see that you have the drums as an intrest. I too am a drummer. Allways had a set, and never got serious into a band. I would never give up the drums. Buddy Rich is my idle. He had hands like lightning.

R
Redsy Offline OP
ThinkGood,
Did you receive my private e-mail?
My "situation" has and is changing and I will try to update my profile.

SJT,
I have played as a hobby on & off for about 20 yrs.
My favorites are Danny Seraphine(the original drummer from "Chicago"), the Allman Bros. and Grateful Dead drummers.

Did you see this thread? https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002673.html

[This message has been edited by Redsy (edited 12-03-2003).]

Broom Pusher and
As mentioned, some chargers will drain a Battery pack, and others will not (normally in short time).

Even with "The Ones Which Will Not Discharge A Battery Pack", there's always leakage within discrete components, so if the Battery Pack was left in the charger for a Month, it will end up discharged from the leakage.

If all components were "Ideal" or "Perfect", this would not occur.
Even the NiCd cells themselves will discharge over time - once again, because they are not "Ideal" either!

Now to the Drumming reference!!! [Linked Image]

Alright! We have another Musician here at ECN!!!
SJT, glad to hear you are a fellow drummer!

Check out the link given by "Rojo-Sy" (Redsy) and give us some input!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
S
SJT Offline
Nice double base. I hope to add on to my PEARL drum set. I'd like to get more cymbals. I now only have a ride and crash. Might get 2 more. This way I can do triplets and rolls until my wife flashes the lights on and off. Thats my signal to give the set a rest. It's amazing how fast someone can flick a 3 way on and off, 20 times to get your attention. Thanks for the link.

Broom Pusher and
SJT;

It's amazing how fast someone can flick a 3 way on and off, 20 times to get your
attention.

LOL!!! [Linked Image]

We have common toggle (standard handle) switches which get used as high speed clickers to flash lights here during some of those "Longer Practice Sessions" [Linked Image]

Imagine what the results of Decora switches would bring!?!?!?

When you can afford to, get yourself one more Crash Cymbal (and a solid boom stand for it). Get one that has a little different flavor - either higher or lower of tone than the one you have now. Place the crashes on either side of your kit - at a comfortable place.

If you want to expand after those two, try some flavor of Splash Cymbals, maybe a Crash/Ride, or even something in a China flavor - like a China Splash (the ones with the bent up edges which you mount upside down).
Be sure to get solid boom stands, so they can be placed in comfortable spots.

If you want to go the turbosteroid progressive percussion method, look into remote hi-hats and dual ride cymbals!

This is when you should be on the "Zildjian's Most Honored List" [Linked Image]

Have fun!

Scott35

p.s. let me / us know if you have any drum tech questions - like tuning, heads, refurbishing, bearing edges, setups, mic' ing, and such - and if you have some Electrical questions too!

me.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!

Link Copied to Clipboard