ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
Edward Offline OP
Dance Like no one is watching

Author Unknown

We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, then another. Then we are frustrated that the kids aren’t old enough and we are frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with.

We will certainly be happy when we are out of that stage. We tell ourselves that life will be complete when our spouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, are able to go on a nice vacation, when we retire. The truth is there is no better time to be happy than right now. If not now, When?

Your life will always be filled with challenges. It’s best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway. One of my favorite quotes comes from Alfred D. Sousa. He said “ for a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin, real life, but there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin.” At last, it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.

This perspective has helped to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment that you have and treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time …and remember time waits for no one.

So stop waiting until you finished school, until you go back to school, until you loose ten pounds, until you have kids, until kids leave the house, until you start work, until you get married, until you get divorced, until Friday night, until Sunday morning, Until you get a new car or home, until your new car or home is paid off, until spring, until summer, until fall, until winter, until you are off welfare, until the first or the fifteenth, until your song comes on, until you have had a drink, until you have sobered up, until you die, until you are born again, to decide that there is no better time than now to be happy. Happiness is journey, not a destination.

Though for the day…

Work like you do not need the money, Love like you’ve never been hurt and Dance like no one is watching!

Thanks
Edward
T
[Linked Image from pages.sbcglobal.net]

Donnie
I
[Linked Image from electricalmatters.com]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
R
Thank you Edward, at the risk of sounding corny, tomorrow is what we make it, and for me it's going to be a great day.

Roger

C
EXCELLENT!

That is the new week resolution.
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 11-24-2003).]

It's all about integrity.
M
Thank You Edward for those uplifting words. Durring the upcomming holidays we usually reflect on the really important things in life. I have a quote hanging in my work area for all to see called Attitude and it goes like this......

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.
It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past ... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable.
The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitude." - Chuck Swindoll

I take that attitude to work every day and apply it on my jobs when dealing with customers. Sometimes you want to give it to them with all you got. Then I remember "A soft answer turneth away wrath".

Happy Thanksgiving to All.

Blessings...Mark

S
SJT Offline
Thanks Ed, that was really down to earth.
I was in a serious car accident in Feb. 2001
Almost was killed. Very close call. Without getting into details, the accident actually changed my life around. Since my recouperation and returning to doing electrical work a year later, I've changed my priorities and my outlook, and I thank God for each day. It's great to get back nearly full swing now. It's something, how it takes a shot in the head some times to re- group your thinking. Enjoy the Thanksgiving and the Holidays that follow.

B
I experienced the incredible joy of watching my two 7-year old girls dance like no one was watching yesterday afternoon as they took the stage of our empty church and perform their own ballet (and pop and jump 'n shout, etc.) while I oiled the wood chairs. Unbelievable the joy that floods a parent's heart when you're transparent enough and yet present enough to see your children launch a dream.

I added a new element to our prayers last night especially for this week. It went something like...
'...as we remember all that we have to be thankful for and all the times we are shown grace and mercy and should be thankful for the kindness and joy we share. Also, place in each of these kids' heart and mind the nugget of peace and joy that comes from being loved and let them know of my thankfulness because they bring my heart such happiness and joy and that they are extraordinary gifts in answer to my prayers.'

[This message has been edited by BuggabooBren (edited 11-24-2003).]

B
After a little digging... One place where the lyric "Dance Like No One is Watching" shows up is in Texas songwriter Guy Clark’s "COMES FROM THE HEART"—credited as written by his wife Susannah Clark.

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 12-01-2003).]

Link Copied to Clipboard