ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 202 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
is there a book of terms that I could obtain to translate to the counter guys?
Catalogs are freely available most everywhere. Even Home Depot has a catalog.

I have to say I'm not too keen on the fact that you're so comfortable stepping out of the bounds of what you should be doing. That may be carrying over to the guys in the supply house too. In most areas I know of a license (and Insurance) is required to do Electrical work for pay. I think I'd count myself lucky that no one has turned me in or filed complaints/charges yet.

Bill

Bill
E
I think Johnny knows his a&& from the hole in the ground and doing electrical work and connecting the dicconnects for RTU or any A/C unit is part of the job As an HVAC tech. so he is not taking any business away from any electrician. And yes you will be taking business away if you go start charging freon if you are an electrician because first you are not licensed and charging freon is not part of an electricians job. However, electrical is part of an HVAC job SO COOL OFF IWIRE & DRILLMAN.

Just a questions for iwire and drillman if a client of yours asks you to change a thermostat would you do it? Yes or No?

JohnnyB, Just ignore the guy at the counter. Ask the supervisor to help you out everytime you go in.

Did you know the more you ignore that guy the more pissed off he will get. Just keep your cool and ignore him.

Good luck
Edward

Thanks
Edward
Edward,

As far as I know HVAC Contractors are not permitted to do Electrical work except from the load side of the Disconnect. And a restricted Electrical License is required for doing that much.

If we really want to get into that I suggest starting a new thread.

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 11-15-2003).]

Bill
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard