ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 373 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#31143 12/20/03 12:08 AM
F
for the parerall streetlighting system ( POCO) side useally 120 or 277 volts depening on the area the streetlighting hook up. also for the privte area like store parking lot lumaires system will varies alot most time i keep on high side if possible due the wattage and distance. most common are 277/480 volts for very large area but for smaller parking lots useally 120/208 or 120/240 depening on what the service system is set up. some case have to use the transformer to boost it up if the distance is pretty far.

most city dont have series street lumaire setup anymore.

someone in here ask about the light blub for series connetion set up. there are very few manfactures do still make it but will listed in specity appaction i.e. Aeroports , and few other specal listing there. if that person want to know where to find it let me know i can post it here where is the source for the odd ball lightbulb.

merci , marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

#31144 12/20/03 01:31 AM
..George, can you please elaborate on the problem you stated about running a ground wire in the same conduit..this sounds interesting...Thanx, Attic Rat..
Simple system, tough to get your mind around. Your system can "shoot grounds" and still work perfectly well while being damned dangerous, wierd, huh?

If you're foolish enough to pull a ground wire in a pipe with your ungrounded conductors, your not gonna like what you get, even though it sure feels like you are complying with the code, it makes the situation extremely dangerous. That's about the worst thing that can go wrong

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
#31145 12/20/03 06:58 AM
P
pauluk Offline OP
In Hiawatha, KS we currently use a 2300 volt 6.6 amp series street lighting system...... Our street lighting committee has looked into completely rewiring the system to parallel, but the cost at over $1.3 million seems incredibly high for 320 street lamps.

Over $4000 per light! [Linked Image]

In a nearby town we had a new supermarket open just over a year ago. During the civil engineering works for the new access roads, the local council repositioned a light on a small side street.

It's been standing there, no power, cover missing until about two weeks ago, when they finally got around to connecting it.

I guess it wasn't on their priority list....

#31146 12/23/03 05:15 PM
R
frenchelectrican:

Thanks for the reply. What I am looking for specifically is pricing and avilability on:

Series Lamps (the brand we currently use is Phillips but any brand will do)
1,000 Lumens IM/66G Product # 20539-3
Lamp- PS25
Base- Mogul
Amps- 6.6

Thanks again!

George

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard