ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#30956 11/04/03 04:52 PM
T
Quite a lot of people think I'm weird. I'll always look at construction details no one else would notice at all, floors, ceilings, wiring, walls, piping,... especially in old houses I'll try to spot _anything_ that doesn't belong there (added walls w/o matching crown molding, floors that don't match the style of the house,...). In the non_US section I posted some pics of church hall wiring I took during a halloween party. The party wasn't very interesting but the wiring... Sometimes if I have the chance I even open j-boxes and look inside, pull loose receptacles from the wall to look at the wires,...

#30957 11/04/03 06:00 PM
S
i notice many violations, and am rather desensitised to them at this point, well...maybe the waterfall in the panel raised a brow today... [Linked Image]

when i notice something not of my trade, it's usually really bad....

the way i figure it,there should simply be a big fat red tag across Vermont from New Hamphire to New York, which would probably attract all you shutterbugs...

oh and, bring a gun, it's hunting season!

~S~

#30958 11/06/03 05:51 AM
B
I'll tell you how bad it gets. I went to my brother-in-law's funeral yesterday. I walked into the sanctuary and didn't really look at the casket up front. I looked up at the ceiling and immediately noted that it was one of those open consturction things where they just paint all the beams, conduit and HVAC one color. Only after that did I look down the isle and watch where I was going. It is incurable. I think my late brother-in-law might have done the very same thing.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard