ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
wewire2,

The Inspector is the one that may have some problems with your method. I've used the screws inside the box method on occasion, when there was no other way, but the boxes shown above are very easy to use and are totally legit. I can see no reason to recommend anything else that might be 'iffy' while these solutions are available.

Bill

Bill
W
JoeyD;

I'm at concord electric supply in westford, mass.
Worked the field for a couple decades. Now I'm on the other side of the counter.

~Ange

I
The "Voltswagon"? [Linked Image]

Please explain.

Is that something like a Wattmobile?

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
W
Bill

I added the "Some people may have a problem with the U.L." just for you. There may be an instance where a guy needs to finish a job
and those boxes are not readily available. The best part of this forum is that you get a variety of responses and solutuions. The readers can choose which works best in their particular situation. If a guy is wiring his cabin, 50 miles from the nearest supply house, and is short an adjustable box. I think he might appreciate the advice he received here. I have used those adjustable boxes on occasion and they work great. Excellent recommendation.

E
Bob the trucks all had "Voltswagon" written on the back. Our shirts also said "We get your juices flowing" on them! Wirenutt how is Concord Electric Supply. I just received a mailer from them. Seem to be opening up all over the area. Nice to have other options.

W
Electricmanscott;
I've been there for several months now. I enjoy working there and working with the contractors. They started in England. Spread through parts of Europe and the United States. Massachusetts has 15, one recently opened in Watertown the next is Worcester. I'm waiting for them to head into NH, ME and VT. I may just get outta dodge to follow them there. Our stores here in Mass are interconnected via a link van on a daily basis. If anyone needs something thats in our other store we get it same day. Also each store has a delivery van plus outside salesman. In emergency situations we deliver promptly.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard