ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 506 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Bill;
i don't know what U mean by a 'common service' am i missing out on something?

[Linked Image]

Bill, I'm out of the buying end of it now, due to a job change about 3 mos. ago.
Last job, we dealt with our same old suppliers (GE Supply, Rexel, CED) and never put material quotes out to bid on the net.
We got great customer support from our suppliers (company doing business with them for >30 yrs). Due to the enormous supply of materials in this area, almost anything could be will-called if we needed it in a hurry. Could this be done with an e-company as well?

Plotting is done in house. Taking diskettes to the printers gets expensive. We try to keep the plotting to a minimum and work with just the files as much as possible. Almost everything is either R14 or 2000 Autocad, so all the different formats haven't seemed to be a problem.

It seems like most of the contractors we deal with are still in the "Stone Age". Lots and lots of business is still done via massive amounts of paperwork, FAX & phone. The customers seem to be much more high tech & willing to work the "modern" way.

Sparky,

You fell into my trap! [Linked Image]

What I meant was if you use a service like We have here that lets you put in your request for quote into a pool and anyone looking to sell can look into it and respond to you.

We also collect contracts and jobs up for bid (including Gov't and Community stuff) via many other 'partner' sites and add them to the pool. This pool has about $10 Billion worth of RFQ's in it at all times. It covers materials and services from all phases of construction.

Sorry for the commercial, if you want more info let me know. Also, you can check out the following:

https://www.electrical-contractor.net/RFP_about.htm
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/RFP_Sales_Leads.htm

Bill

Bill
BTW,

It looks like there is a FREE promotion going on right now where you can check out the sales leads for free.

Just go to the page and click the "Register Now" button.

To submit a Request for Quote click the "Enter Business Request" button on top

Bill

Bill
S
Bill,
that's a very nice looking service
[Linked Image]

I think so, too.
If I was in a position to use it, I really think I would. It looks good.

I just want to mention something because it is a bit confusing.

If you just want to use it for submitting a RFQ (request for quote) it is free, but unless you deselect the other options when registering it thinks that you want to subscribe to the sales leads and will try to charge you. See below:

[Linked Image]

If you have any questions about anything, including the free sales lead trial there is an 888 # there.

(If you are ever looking for the service in the future it is under the 'Power Tools' link on the left side of the page here)

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 08-05-2001).]

Bill
B
this site does almost the same you can put in an RFQ (request for quote) and whatever quote you pick thats all you EVER pay. No shipping No charges to belong or for any of the service. You just pay for what you buy and also these things will be shipped directly anywhere you like even to the job. www.contractersoffice.net

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard