ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 37 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#29649 09/21/03 11:14 PM
M
magic Offline OP
I am an electrical contractor, and i am trying to get into home theater instalation. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has done this, and could give any info on how & where to purchase these products to install. Any info would be great.

P
There is a trade magazine called CE Pro, that is devoted to this type of work. You will be able to find it on the web also, type in the tittle at Goole and you will find it, and the website.

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
E
There are many, many possibilities. We've come a long way from the days of the transition from "HiFi" to two channel Stereo. The choices are byzantine. . .
One place you might want to start looking is at the [b][i]Leviton Learning Center[/i][/b] . Home entertainment centers cross into voice and data in a hurry, in my opinion. This Adobe ReaderĀ® document: [i]Distributed Home Audio Wiring Practices[/i] will give an overview. . .

It's an exciting area full of future shock. [Linked Image]

Al Hildenbrand
E
I didn't really answer your question. . .for the wiring of the related components, consider Leviton as a source. . .their product line is quite developed. The Big Orange Box (HD) even carries it.

Al Hildenbrand

Link Copied to Clipboard