ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#29019 09/06/03 08:42 AM
S
I saw a guy I work with stealing something from the place where we're working. Turns out he'd been stealing various items over the course of a week. Another guy stole something else, I found out, and the alarm went off when he took it out the door. I squealed on the first guy as soon as it happened a few days ago, then he admitted to me that he stole the other things. Being that he's from south of the border, maybe the rules are different back home. He's here sucking the country dry of all the financial, health and education benefits, then stealing anything he wants from the people who are putting food on his table, and he doesn't think it's wrong.

The other guy ripped something off last night. He looks like a career criminal anyway, but you give a guy the benefit of the doubt, he can't help what he looks like.

I reached my limit. For two days after I found out the first guy was a habitual thief and told the boss about it, I had to work right with him. I didn't want to associate with him at all, didn't want to be around him, and sure didn't like having to leave my tools around him. He kept borrowing tools and taking hardware out of my bag when I was off getting material. I was hoping one of my tools would come up missing so I could take him outside. It was pretty upsetting to me to have to work among thieves. I didn't realize how my face betrayed how I felt inside until people said, "What's wrong?" I tried to appear normal on the outside, but it wasn't working too well I guess.

I circumvented my foreman, since nothing was happening and I kept having to work side by side with the biggest offender. I talked to the big boss at the office after finding out about the 2nd guy. We're going to lose the whole contract, which just recently doubled, if these thieves are caught by the customer. I don't want to work anywhere near them ever again!

I feel bad about having to do it. I don't want to be a squealer. Few things get me riled up like a thief, and sometimes I feel like I should have forced them to apologize and give the money to cover the stolen items to the manager of the place they stole from. They're lucky I didn't call the police!

I'm sure some of you will think I'm bad for ratting them out, but I wonder how many here just can't stand a thief, and have no tolerance for them.

If they confront me when I go back to work, I guess I'll have to mop the parking lot up with them. That's better than calling the police on them for a slap on the wrist, don't you think? Ah, street justice. Gotta love it.

[This message has been edited by Spark Master Flash (edited 09-06-2003).]

#29020 09/06/03 09:22 AM
T
take a 2 ft piece of 1" rigid conduit and beat both of their brains out onto the ground. or, tie them up and stuff them into a garbage can and let the city do the rest.

#29021 09/06/03 09:37 AM
D
After hearing stories about crews working the south side and projects of Chicago, where a guy once had a generator lifted while he was up in the bucket of his truck, I engrave my name on everything. My skilsaw and chainsaw look like ads for me.

Maybe the "WTF" is over the nature of the item. Leftover connectors and couplings in your rough in pouch is one thing, but I get the distinct feeling that's not what we're talking about here... [Linked Image]

(Of course, you ever try to walk off a job site with a reel of 6awg cu tucked under your Carhartts? It's a lot of work to be a thief today! [Linked Image])

[This message has been edited by DougW (edited 09-06-2003).]

#29022 09/06/03 09:47 AM
R
I'm sure some of you will think I'm bad for ratting them out,

Not me, I salute you.

but I wonder how many here just can't stand a thief, and have no tolerance for them.

You have my backing here too, and a furthernote, I don't have much use for a liar either.

Roger

#29023 09/06/03 02:01 PM
J
Spark Master Flash,

rat them out. !!!

take them down and sort them out,

I will not put up with a thief or a liar.

You steal from me, my jobsite, my family and or friends, workmates, the customer and i will personally take you down.

just tell him that, and see what the man? has to say.

John

#29024 09/06/03 03:24 PM
E
Four weeks ago, while talking with the officer that took my tool theft and tire slashing report, I tried to make light about the situation by quipping that the theft "was part of the inner-city dance."

She looked at me and said, "It shouldn't be."

I got it. . .clear as a bell.

The only way it stops is if we stop it.

Al Hildenbrand
#29025 09/06/03 04:42 PM
S
Targetshootr, it's funny that you say that. Do you know me? I just had the sprinkler guys make me a 2 foot piece of pipe with a sprinkler head on the end. As many times as I've hit my head on those things, my new weapon should have them begging for mercy.

#29026 09/06/03 06:02 PM
Hang on a minute guys!,
Sure a thief is a thief and I can't stand thieves or liars either, but I would most certainly not put myself in the same league as them by using violence to sort this problem out.
I'm behind you 100% on ratting on those guys, workplace theft, especially from a customers home, is really scraping the bottom of the barrel!.
I most definitely would have rung the Police.

#29027 09/06/03 06:18 PM
E
The only way it stops is if we stop it.
If I am aware of others doing it, I act to stop it. If, in my act to stop it, I do a crime, I have not stopped it, but added to it.

Al Hildenbrand
#29028 09/06/03 06:33 PM
T
sparkmaster, that thing sounds painful.

trumpy, i dont condone violence against thieves, i only encourage it. lol

i have been on the receiving end of that particular trade more times than i want to remember and nothing ever happens to em. 18 months ago we caught a guy who had broken into a rental house and the cops wrote him a ticket and let him go. of course i'll never get reimbursed for the damage.

its no wonder the sopranos is is such a popular program. dose guys have an effective system.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard