ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 510 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
There was the time I was in our local Big Box Hardware store, and on a post near the paint section was a 4SQ box about 4ft with no cover, just some wires sticking out. About 30 feet away was the electrical dept where I am sure they could find some kind of cover...

Or I'll notice that the bank has four different color fluorescent lamps in it's fixtures.

Great Picture George!

Bill
C
$.02
Does anybody wonder what lightning looks like on the other end?

BTW My neck is always kinked.

T
The ones who know are not around to talk about it [Linked Image]

F
no matter where i go my wife always meantion to me about alot of electrcal stuff and when i am chatting with my freinds and it is hard to keep my mouth shut about electrcal stuff i know i know i did drove few peoples nuts but unforetly the habites die hard but it do come handy when few peoples asked me some question and not too long ago i went to camping and one of my freind say that ihave the second brighest area for camp site and i say yeah because i brought big hps light to see around the area ( not to mention it did attached oddball mestqoies in that area ) and no matter where i go i alway look for electrcal equpiment and look at it and see what ican come up

merci marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Well, I must admit that I have walked into lamp-posts and the odd person while walking down the Main street in town and looking up at all the wiring underneath the verandahs in the other direction.
And when you walk as fast as I do, this tends to hurt a tad!.
Crooked or incorrectly installed TV aerials are something that always catch my eye too.
Looking at these and driving at the same time is probably not the safest, but it's just HABIT!. [Linked Image]

S
Does anybody wonder what lightning looks like on the other end?

I've always wondered that myself. I also always wanted to know what happens to the ground that gets hit by a bolt of lighting.

My grandmom once told me that you sometimes find a small, deep hole...with a glassy hard black spherical pebble lying at the bottom.

Could it be that the dirt just gets molten from the heat of the lighting strike and turns into a small rock?

G
Sven,
Now THAT I've seen. If lightning strikes something containing sand, or on sand, It'll leave a glass like substance, also seen fallen power lines do the same thing though.

The rest of ya, on the other end of the lightning bolt is an old man, in a robe, with a beard and sandals.......... aintcha seen the pitchers?????????

Broom Pusher and
Saw a few nice PBS educational episodes on Lightning Discharges, which showed the resultant of Discharges in Sandy
Soil (>50% Sand composition).
They dug up 3 foot long "Fulgurites" (sp???), which were solidified sand tubes of apx. ¼" to ¾" wide. Sand fused into
a Glass-Like substance.

Very interesting broadcasts!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
I've seen these sand "sculptures" for sale at a place we used to vacation at near Jockey's Ridge State Park in Nags Head NC. The link below says that they can be from a few inches to as much as 40 feet long.

[Linked Image from members.aol.com]

Bill

(from http://members.aol.com/natehoyt/fulg.html )

Bill
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard