ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 263 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
C-H Offline
George,

I assure you the affliction is incurable

Noooooooooooooooooooo.............. You mean I'll stay like this forever? Scary thought!

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 08-10-2003).]

P
I think we're all too far gone to be curable. [Linked Image]

I find myself looking at power wiring, telephone poles, alarm panels, just about anything and everything electrical in places I go.

The B&Q store (similar to Home Depot) in Norwich is a good place to end up offering advice and to explain to people that those "helpful" cards posted on the ends of the aisles explaining wiring don't always give the full story.

C
I have the same affliction also.

S
great...

i have this mental image of the lot of us at the mall in therapy with some (poor soul of a ) shrink trying to talk us out of 'cieling whiplash'

H
Count me in one this obsessed club! I not only look at bad electrical work, I also look at electrical violations, tell the wife if I A) worked in that house or B) Inspected that house. I just started carring around a camera the size of a credit card. It fits in my shirt pocket, it takes 25 pictures, and I download directly to my computer. I have sent Joe several of these pictures so far. I realy don't tink that we are obsessed with electrical work, but we are obsessed with safety.

T
Shutting off the electrician
It can't be done!!!

Donnie
B
iwire, I spent several years in an ammusment park. I have seen enough of the inside that I don't ride the rides at fairs and carnivals, period. Rush to set up and make money, run hard for a couple of days, rush to tear down and move on. Preventive maintence and safety inspections? Sure, in their spare time. The park was neat. The theater (long since closed) had a beautiful marble switchboard with all open knife switches for the stage lighting. Illumination for the operator came from a couple of Edison style (carbon filiment, clearly hand blown) bulbs above it.
I have often regretted not unscrewing a couple of those and giving them a place of honor at home.

Broom Pusher and
Please add me to this Group Therapy list too!

Add my Wife to the "Spouses of the Afflicted, and are no longer shocked by the odd behavior" list to boot!

A few Months back, my Wife and I, along with a Freind of ours + his Daughter, went to Nevada for the day.
Got some pics of MGCN setups on the Primarys of 1Ø Transformers (along with other stuff).
Just before leaving, my Wife tells me that our Friend and his Daughter "Are still trying to figure out what the heck I am taking pictures of"!

That's how "Normal" it is around here!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
S
boy, we've an epidemic here

any worse and the spam will be touting those 'cures'for the afflicted
[Linked Image]

P
This is actually good to see. There will soon be enough of US to be classified as a group and we will not be outcast. You can explain to your wives that you belong to an exclusive club.
I recently went for my marriage license and I was taking pictures in the village hall. At my wedding my wife and children asked me not to take any pictures and to leave home my "MAN PURSE" which is what they call my camera and case. I did take pics that day, and also on my honeymoon, I was just more careful not to be 'caught'.
Joe, you are the one who got me started on this! Thanks

Pierre

[This message has been edited by PCBelarge (edited 08-11-2003).]

Pierre Belarge
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard