ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
macwire Offline OP
Fellow ECN members may recall that I applied for the telecom apprenticeship about a month ago. I took the aptitude test, and did okay, but was a little worried about the math section, I didn't get to finish all the questions there. I breezed through the writing comprehension part, though.

Turns out I didn't do bad in the exam at all, because I got a certified letter from the IBEW local inviting me for an interview on the 18th of August.

So I'm almost in there, except for the interview part. Anyone have any tips for me to get through this part? I haven't interviewed for any kind of "blue-collar" job since my days as a foot messenger years ago, and like most of you here I'm sure, I hate job interviews.

I'm not even sure what to wear!!! I'd guess a full suit and tie would be overkill, or would it??? Help me out here, please? What would persuade you to hire a fresh apprentice, a relative newbie to the field, from an interview?

Thanks in advance for all replies,
MacWire

Congratulations!

I'd say Clean, Neat, Durable and not too Trendy attire. Got that? [Linked Image]

Good Luck!,
Bill

Bill
S
I'd say ... at minimum a standard shirt, slacks and tie....

But then again...I always lean conservative when dressing for things like job interviews (haven't had one in 4 years, thank god). Get a haircut and if you have any piercings in your face/ears take 'em out.

Best of luck!!! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 08-09-2003).]

Link Copied to Clipboard