ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Z
CT,- You are not neutral borrowing when you loop your feeds from box to box of the same circuit,that the 3 way is on. You feed the 3 way in one box and take sw leg from the other box. FWIW,I do not do it this way,but it is code legal.

Shoot first, apologize later.....maybe
R
Zapped208, you are correct that this wiring method is no problem if the wiring method is non metalic. I would also say that this would be resource conservation awareness. [Linked Image]

To use natural resources for the vulgar display of wealth is wrong too. [Linked Image]

Roger

N
I see this type of sloppy junk work all the time. Workman like manner is thrown out for cheap price that the GC demands. Most of the companies who do that type of work are the ones busy around here.
A sorry mess of junk waiting for the home owner to get stuck with large repair bills in a few years. [Linked Image]

ed
P
This situation comes down to training or lack of training! Sometimes it is not the man in the field who is totally to blame. The contractor hires him/her and in a short amount of time sends them out to work without fully training them because they are 'so busy', and have to finish.Ultimately the contractor or license holder is to blame. I PERSONNALLY believe that money or time should not justify the 'POOR QUALITY' work we sometimes see.
BUT.... I also have to say in the same breath that I have also seen some excellent work out there that anyone would be proud to say was his/hers!!!

Keep up the good work to those who do it.

Thinking out loud... maybe the complaining about lousy work can be turned into a positive and people can start to help train others??? ... I am myself just starting to do this myself.

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard