ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 248 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#26330 06/06/03 11:42 PM
M
mlk682 Offline OP
I am tasked with connecting a hydraulic lift that is embedded in 1 ft deep by 3 ft wide by 3 ft wide hole in a concrete floor. The previous electrician left me a stub of 3/4 rigid into the hole from the side wall, but I am going to have to cut it off flush in order for the lift to fit. I am left with no way to connect the conduit to the device. He planned to feed the 230 3 phase 20 amp circuit from a drop cord in the ceiling 9maybe just using the conduit as protection??). I also have to get a few wires down there for foot pedal controls So now I have a dead head pipe with no fitting and not enough fill. Is there a legal way to utilize that existing pipe, with multi pair cable and connectors or am I going to be busting out concrete for the next three days.Will the cord and plug siffice for a disconnecting means?

Thanks in advance sorry I have no pics

#26331 06/07/03 10:36 AM
E
Maybe use the raceway and pull TECK cable through? I dunno what the situation is exactly though.

#26332 06/07/03 12:27 PM
M
mlk682 Offline OP
Thanks electric guy, Teck cable is going to be the answer,I think I am still going to have to bust out the pipe though. one more question for you, He had it set up to be fed from a cable drop from the ceiling (Its right in the middle of the floor. I think this is fixed equipment and should be run in pipe or I should at least run the teck cable supported(i am thinking of putting uni strut up) and then going to a disconnect first. I think his plan was to drop into a four square box on top of the conduit stub and just run cord and plug.I know its hard to visualize without pics, I am going to invext in a camera. Thanks very much for your time

Mike

Link Copied to Clipboard