ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 510 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
It is an outstanding example of “the emperor’s new clothes.” Self proclaimed golden-ear listeners in all but rare cases honestly can’t tell the difference {or compare the “new” to an obvious P-O-S} but having spent $148 on some new gizmo, they will defend its virtue to the end, or until the time they buy something to replace it that’s “even better.”

{ http://www.deoxy.org/emperors.htm }

I
I think I will install these all through my house.

I sure it will help my refrigerator cool better and my washer wash better.

And what it will do for my TV will just be outstanding. [Linked Image]

Maybe me and Roger can purchase them at the same time to get the quantity discount. [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
R
Hello Bob, you can count me in if we can find a financial establishment to hold the note. [Linked Image]

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 06-07-2003).]

B
Doesn't the receptacle’s exclusive Audio Grade Blue Star make it all worth the investment?

I
The Blue Star is pretty cool.

But an image of PT Barnum would be more appropriate.

Or just a green $ sign

[This message has been edited by iwire (edited 06-07-2003).]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
R
Bob, now that you bring up PT Barnum, I seem to remember that John Ringling only had $304.00 cash to his name at the time of his death. I wonder if he had bought a bunch of the early versions of this device for his residence. [Linked Image]

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 06-07-2003).]

W
Another post from the same guy who posted about taking the grunge out of romex [Linked Image], BTW probably a salesman but good for a laugh [Linked Image]
"
LOL, ok all you naysayers, time to come out of the woodwork again, I got another 4 DTV tweak for ya`all, and it`s much better than my power cord upgrade. (a excellent tweak in it`s own right) This tweak comes from Stillpoints called ERS. More detailed information and possible usage of this product can be found at www.audio-buff.com or www.cyrotweaks.com . In short, this is a 8"x11" sheet of paper with metal fragments imbedded. This remarkable product diffuses & repells EMI and RFI interference. When I first received a sheet, I simply placed it under my 922 and within 30 seconds, my picture became more intense with brilliant colors. On a digital music channel, the highs became noticeably clearer.(enough explanation Lee?) Well after ordering more of these adhesive backed sheets ($19.95ea. or $29.95 w/adhesive-backing), I took the cover off my 922 and preceeded to cover the total inside cover with ERS. I cut strips to fit in between every vent slot on the sides and top. That`s ALLOT of strips, it took a little over 1 sheet to complete. But when I was finished, the results were very rewarding. This stuff IS the real deal, enough so that I plan to do the same for my digital receiver and my balanced power conditioner. I`ve bought 4 sheets ($120) at this point and I`m not done yet. I found the surrounding the speaker terminals with a 1/2" thick bullseye had a noticable effect. This ERS is powerfull stuff, a little goes a long ways and too much will have a dulling effect. It seems to work best on digital sources verses analog. But with the 4DTV, it worked it`s magic on both. In fact, my digital channels have never looked better and I`m not a real big fan of digital to begin with as I feel an analog picture is much superior. So there you have it, now have your fun at me again if you must but if you don`t try Stillpoints ERS, it`s YOUR loss."

While not just use aluminum foil, I can buy a half mile for what it cost for a sheet of that special paper. Most of the posters on this board are trying to sell the guy swampland or a bridge [Linked Image]

P
But an image of PT Barnum would be more appropriate
[Linked Image from ezine.com]
I think the famous quote of this gentleman sums it up pretty well!

I'm sure that for some of the people having spent big $$$$ on snake-oil, they will talk themselves into believing that they can hear a huge improvement.

They really need a "double-blind" test, where they hear the system before and after and aren't told which is which of course.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 06-08-2003).]

N
There seems to be no limit to the gullibility of the committed audiophools.

A few years back, there was a guy by the name of Tice who was selling a magic digital clock that would work wonders when plugged into the outlet powering the sound system. It was claimed to "realign the electrons" coming from the outlet, greatly reducing "grunge" while improving "soundstage" and "presence"!

It turns out that this clock (selling for a few hundred bucks) was simply a $15 Radio Shack item that Mr. Tice had "specially treated" and resold.

The Tice clock and other such audiophoolishness ($1000/foot speaker cables, anyone?) were the subject of a great column by Bob Pease in Electronic Design, available online at:
http://www.elecdesign.com/Globals/PlanetEE/Content/768.html

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard