ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 516 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
It's getting weirder by the day… Get yer own tube amplifiers with silver-winding output transformers http://www.audio-consulting.ch/SilverSEOPTforeverybody.htm

K
The manufacturers web site also does not mention UL. http://www.wattgate.com/prod-381.htm

Also, check out the cord ends! A bargain at $78.00 [Linked Image]

G
Gwz Offline
Did they go on sale on April 1, 20xx ?

R
OK, I e-mailed them and asked for listing info. If they respond I will buy: WHAT AM I SAYING, I wont buy anything from them, well, I just can't seem to get over the quantity discount, so who knows. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Roger

P
I take it that none of the people buying these would dream of plugging in anything other than the audio equipment? So what on earth are they running that needs 20A receptacles?! If they need that much power I wouldn't want to be a neighbor!

Sound quality is stunning while price is even more!

Stunning price indeed!

Price for standard version: CHF 2400.00/pair
That's over $1800 a pair. Still, it's comforting to know that the frequency response is at least three times higher than that of my ears:

Band pass with 300B at 3 watts: 12Hz to 60 KHz

W
This was posted to a 4DTV(big dish, digital receiver) board I frequent.
"
Being into hometheater and especially music, I`ve been tweaking my system for some time now. Lately I`ve been doing IEC terminal installations on my Sony XBR tv, Yamaha 6.1 digital A/V receiver, Sony DVD, and Velodyne subwoofer. I`ve replaced all those "lampshade" cords with high quality shielded power cords with fantastic results. Well, I finally came to my DSR-922, the source of my entertainment but alas, a IEC installation wasn`t possible. Fortunately I was able to work around that with a handy little adapter called the Icecube from www.dedicatedaudio.com that will convert those little 2 prong outlets on the 4DTV, DVD, DSR, etc to an IEC outlet. This allowed me to purchase one more power cord from Chris VanHaus at www.venhaus1.com . You know, considering that power cords are excellent antennas for picking up unwanted EMI/RFI interference, it amazes me that the manufacturers don`t shield their P/C`s.
FYI, everything in my HT system is plugged into a BPT balance power conditioner that cleans the grunge out of your romax.You can read all about what this amazing conditioner does at www.b-p-t.com . The shielded power cords keep the power free of interference to your components. I don`t mind the naysayer`s out there with their "bridges". I know what I have and how I got it. I`ve had my setup since 85 and it has never performed up to the level that it does now. My rear speakers have been with me from the beginning and they have never sounded soooo good. Just depth,,,,, that of a bottomless well.And my upgraded power cords had their place in makng this happen! "

So if you think folks won't buy that outlet, think again [Linked Image]

B
wal—That “DIY Cat5 Speaker Cable” is to die for!

K
And don't forget the cryogenically treated icecube adapter from dedicated audio http://www.icecubeadapter.com/pages/1/index.htm ! [Linked Image]

Even better! This Hubbell 5362GY for ONLY $45.95! Without cryogenic treatment this item lists for $19.10, your cryogenic treatment is only $26.85 for each receptacle. A steal if there ever was one. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by kale (edited 06-06-2003).]

S
That "icecube" looks like something I'd find at a dollar store.....or Odd-Job kind of place... [Linked Image]

Seriously though,
Can you actually tell the DIFFERENCE (or improvement) in sound quality after fitting this sort of equipment?.
I once installed a 16mm feed from a switchboard to a guys stereo system and a whopping great Industrial plug and socket.
Why?, because he reckoned the small(2.5mm) cable was affecting his stereo frequency-response!. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard