ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 263 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#25969 05/25/03 02:12 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Now I am not looking to step on anyone's toes here but I quite like this particular format of ECN.
I remember that a few years ago, we had a poll about who would like to change over to a newer type of Forum and this is now used at that Other Forum, but it seems so impersonal and at least here, you get thanked for submitting material and posting replies.
This matters a heap to me anyway, what are your thoughts on this?.
No disrepect to Bill Addiss on this topic,
he is doing a great job!!!!!!!. [Linked Image]

#25970 05/25/03 07:52 AM
S
A lively BB depends on it's posters for debate/investigation/dissemination of material and issues....

Posters can accomodate this in most any format.

#25971 05/25/03 11:00 AM
P
You have the right to an opinion, and that is good, but the comments directed towards the "Other Boards" are unclear.

Stop dancing around the words and get to the point!! What do you really want to say?

I frequent the "Other Boards" and they do a great job with little fanfare, popups, and wasted space.

PS: How can you boast of being member for years? Your profile says you joined in July 2002??

#25972 05/25/03 01:25 PM
L
LK Offline
sparky has the idea right it depends on the posters. Trumpy may be use to Ham radio bbs where the topics run all over the place. I believe most of the electrical boards try to keep some order to topics, this enables the user to find topics of intrest. I had another board move my post because it was in the wrong topic area, and that is the way it should be to keep things in order. We have a chance to learn a great deal from the bb listings.

#25973 05/29/03 09:19 PM
R
pseudonym,
I frequent the "Other Boards" and they do a great job with little fanfare, popups, and wasted space.

what other boards specifically?

Although, your post seems to have a familiar look to it, I just can't place you, (well maybe I can) and I frequent "Other Boards".

Don't you have true respect for those who aren't afraid to post with their real names somewhere in their registration or profile?

PS: How can you boast of being member for years? Your profile says you joined in July 2002??

Most of us have a way of loosing track of time, especially as we get older, you should relate to that.

Roger

#25974 05/29/03 10:44 PM
Pseudo,
In Trumpy's defense, I think it would be disrespectful to name the "Other Forums" because as Mom always said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." So, I think Trumpy is trying to broach the subject without causing offense. What good would come from him naming the other forums?

Stop dancing around the words and get to the point!! What do you really want to say?

By the quote above, it seems that you don't mind throwing out an offense. Why don't you name some forums, and give your opinion? Starting with ECN.

Tell you what. I'll start. I like the membership here at ECN. I've spent time at Holt's board, and never felt at home there. I was a moderator for a short period of time at Tedesco's board, and I like the software that he uses better than here. I can't speak for any other electrical forums.

Why do you list NFPA as your home page? Does it belong to you?

I'm sure that this thread will be locked shortly. Moderators, throw on the cuffs.

No dancing shoes here,
Gregory Moore
HMEL #688
aka Doc
PS Keep hangin' Bill A.!

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
#25975 05/29/03 11:07 PM
Administrator
All your comments are appreciated, but I think pseudonym has "left the building"

Link Copied to Clipboard