ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
At least the screwshell won't rotate out of the fixture when I go to change the bulb like the lampholders do in a lot of fancy schmanzy fixtures and ceiling-fan light kits....
A few years ago every house in Vienna used to have a janitor who'd do the cleaning, change light bulbs and do minor electrical jobs. In houses without door phones he'd also lock the front door at 9pm and let visitors in.
We had a really great one. Anyway, one day he was called by the old guy who lives above us. He complained about the fuse blowing after he changed a light bulb. Wonder what, the screwshell had rotated long enough to securely twist the cloth covered wires together and strip their insulation off. As a result he had a dead short inside his porcelaine light socket.

S
Electure...... I appreciate the idea of using the pot lites, however not too many of my customers would feel this is very cost effective. Most walk in closets would need 3-4 pot lites. 98% of my customers would surely choose the 4' wraparound flourescent, or a covered lite fixture.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard