ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2503 07/10/01 09:25 PM
What in the world is going on in Hartsville, TN?

Go here for more ...

Just interesting stuff to ponder..

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 07-10-2001).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#2504 07/10/01 09:31 PM
S
[Linked Image]

check out the bird pix!

something to do with the colonel's secret recipe???

#2505 07/10/01 10:35 PM
Virgil,

Interesting!
Maybe We should put you in charge of the XFiles here (or YFiles?)What do you think?
You can keep us updated on all such unexplainable events?

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#2506 07/10/01 10:54 PM
Sure, "Y" Not! [Linked Image]

I like the "Y" Files idea (they make you say "Y?" [why?]...)

Create a section and allow all folks to post odd things they come across...

I'll do my part to keep it going!...

-Virgil

[Linked Image]

-Virgil
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#2507 07/10/01 11:18 PM
Virgil,

Actually, We had started a "Y-Files" place awhile ago but had not kept it up. See:
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/y-files.htm

Anyone remember that? [Linked Image]

Bill
#2508 07/11/01 06:41 AM
Duh...

I remember reading that now!

I couldn't remember where I got the Y=Why thing, but now I know...

-Virgil
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#2509 07/12/01 12:10 AM
Broom Pusher and
I have heard of violently pulsating solar flares during times of extreme Sun Spot activity, while the Earth is entering, in, or exiting Solar Convergence [the Equinoxes] doing this - last known large event was early 1990's in eastern Canada. Knocked out the entire Power Grid for a week.
Makes sense if this occured in late March, thru early May, or late August thru early October [Equinox periods].

Now as far as the stories from listeners goes, nearly all of them are going to be biased towards the supernatural and unexplainable - which dillutes the persons' interpretation of the events they witness primarily from a mild state of shock, or just feeling that it's got to be alien! [sorry for the Psych 101 [Linked Image]].

The nuke plant would have stainless steel tanker trucks coming and going here and there, as normal operating procedures. Likely they are bringing in Heavy water, which is used as a Moderator on a Fission Reaction.
The trucks could have also been carrying unused U238 fuel, or removing the used U239 saturated U238 fuel.

The guy with the Fluorescent lamp lighting is not so strange. On a dry, slightly windy day, wear some rubber soled shoes, then rub your feet on a freshly swept carpet. Grab a Fluorescent lamp and it will flash on at about 10% full brightness, then decay semi rapidly to a faint glowing state.
You could even hold the lamp and rub your feet, which will do about the same thing.

For the humming noises, seems most likely to be machinery / fans / etc. in the distance, which the sound is being reflected just right due to relative humitity, clouds and mild winds.
I have heard some really strange and funny stuff coming from Disneyland at 1:00-2:00 in the morning, which is when the techs do level sets and such.

Can't explain the Helecopters - maybe they just do not want people having unauthorized access to a Nuclear Fascility??? Imagine that!

The illnesses could be attributed to ground water poisioning [such as Cromium-6 on "Erin Brokovich"], or even underground high voltage transmission feeders in close proximity.

Don't get me wrong here!! I have a great interest in extraterestrial items and have been an loyal X-Files watcher [until the last season when Mulder came and went, then came, then went, then came, then went, then came, then [Linked Image]].

Comments??? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#2510 07/12/01 12:23 AM
Scott,

Sheesh!
Even Scully and Skinner are more open-minded than that [Linked Image]

Hey, did you ever here about the Low frequency Communication experiments that they do underground? It seems that some people can be very sensitive to the sounds. I had a customer that used to call up and ask me about motors running under her basement floor (electricity was off) and she'd tell me about how 'they' have her phone tapped and I don't remember the rest. A truly paranoid person.

Bill

Bill
#2511 07/12/01 08:50 AM
W
Scott
You are doing a good job of diffusing paranoia.
Since the nuclear plant is not in operation, they are probably storing spent nuclear fuel there from other nuclear sites. We are getting too much of that stuff around. I think its time to send it to the SUN for a complete disposal. I would think that using this facility as storage for spent fuel would be a violation of some law.

#2512 07/12/01 03:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
>I think its time to send it to the SUN
I agree that would be a fine place to get rid of it.

But the public will not permit a rocket to be launched with tons of radioactive waste as its cargo.

Look out the outcry when a satellite is launched with a pound of fissionable material.

Had we started using breeder reactors 20 years ago, perhaps the total volume of waste would be decreasing. The economics are simple. Give the stuff to private enterprise if they build plants in California that use the nuclear 'waste' for fuel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard