ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
F
I was searching through my VHS tapes and I found this horror movie called pulse (Don't know much about it as it was recorded off HBO when it was part of the basic cable packige a very long time ago) (Very interisting a movie about the "Voice In The Wires". where everything electrical in the house decides to go haywire and try to kill the family in that house. But only the kid was scared at first and the parents did not believe him and then they do toward the end, when the house catches on fire due to a faulty extension cord and the circuit breaker panel sparks and all of that kind of freaky scarry stuff.The father in the family decides to destroy the house by cutting down a power pole which falls into the house. And then he gets arrested and the movie ends.)
Google was of no help to many searches found. I want to find this movie on DVD (Or atleast a real copy of the VHS tape)
Does anyone know where to find a movie like this or what to enter in the searches. And also does anyone else but me remember this movie? [Linked Image]

P
I don't know the movie in question, but it puts me in mind of a short children's TV series that I watched as a kid in Britain in the 1970s.

I can't remember the name of the show, but the premise was that all machinery in the country was going crazy and turning on its owners -- Cars would start and move by themselves, kitchen appliances went haywire, and so on. I know at one point the main family in the show were trying to escape over the Channel to France, which was unaffected, but I can't remember how the story ended.

K
I remember that movie, it was rather fun.
If I remember right, aliens got into the power lines(?)

Pulse (1988)
Written and directed by Paul Golding
Starring:
Cliff De Young
Roxanne Hart
Joey Lawrence
Matthew Lawrence

check out a review of this movie at: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/click...;sortby=default&page=1&rid=15388
or if that doesn't work: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Pulse-1016897/reviews.php

I wonder if Blockbuster has this Movie?
Kill your house, then. Before it kills you.
Maybe we should move this to the Safety Area?

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
Every few years there's a movie that comes out with a theme like this.
I love them because they're so incredibly bad!
1. Christine - The avenging car.
2. Killdozer - A D9 Caterpillar on the rampage.
3. The Car - Must be Christine's brother.
4. (Another in which semi trucks attack a gas station/diner in the desert)
I've not seen "Pulse", but now it's a must see on my list! Thanks...S

M
Hi Guys;
Check out the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com).

...got my curiosity aroused, too. Every so often, it's kinda fun to watch major appliances run amok. [Linked Image]

Mike (mamills)

C
electure: How can you call Christine "bad" That movie was awesome! Stephen King at his finest. Well, maybe I am a bit biased, I love cool old cars, and cars that have a mind of their own are so rare. And Killdozer, man that movie scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid, never played with my Tonka toys again. (well maybe I was a little old by then too)

Jim

Link Copied to Clipboard