ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 248 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
L
Can someone give me information on the new California Division of Apprenticeship Standards that will require any employee that performs electrical work to take a test and obtain certification by 2005? We are a general contractor with a crew that installs temporary power to our job sites, as well as handy man type functions within our own facilities. Would they fall under this certification requirement or is it only for employees who work under an electrical contractor?

Thanks, Lance Murray

Look here for answer to your questions: http://www.codecheck.com/pdf/electrical/DASCertification/

Welcome!

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Broom Pusher and
lancemurray,

Take a look at these following references:

1: The main page for the California Building Statndards Commission is one place to look,

2: The Division Of Apprenticeship Standards is where the exam is "Housed". From this home page, you can download the Applications (in .PDF file format - need Acrobat Reader to view, site has link for free reader), and reference the Assembly Bill (AB931) for the Electrician's Certification Program, along with the FAQs.

3: Bounce around the State Of California Main Page for more information.

BTW, just for fun, you can check into Title 24, Part 6 Energy Conservation methods and standards.

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!

Link Copied to Clipboard