ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
e57 Offline
My musical instrument (currently) is this computer I am typing on now, and some really expensive software by Cakewalk, and Sonic Foundry. Sequencers, drum machines, and mixing boards, at my finger tips. I here stuff I like, and sample and remix it to death. Boring huh?

When I was younger I used to play guitar, but all sounded like Sonic Youth unintentially.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
What, no Banjos? Must be some drop thumb boys out there somewhere?

I don't play, just like to listen to blue grass.

Alan

Wood work but can't!
L
Have had a few good guitars but they got stolen. Now have a cheap Gibson electric knock off with a Crate and Gorilla amp. and a couple cheap acoustics. Also a Yamaha keyboard mid price range. I play mostly "crock" (country rock) Skynard, Marshall Tucker etc. but dabble in blues, bluegrass, country, rock. I can play the notes OK but don't have the music in me to be a musician. Rod

D
[Linked Image from oscarschmidt.com]

Oacar Schmidt Autoharp.

Learned to play it back in grade school. The folks bought one for me, but several strings broke while tuning it. It sat unused for several years before being donated to our church. Another neglected instrument - like piano, violin, clarinet, guitar, and everything else I'd taken lessons for in my childhood.

A few years later (OK... about 20) I wanted to pick up an instrument again. I picked this one. It's easy to play (although difficult to play well) and sing along with.

C
From 1936 to 1955 I played saxaphone on casual engagements in San Francisco.
Then learned the bagpipes and became the Pipe Major of the Berkeley Canadian Legion Pipe Band for a few years.
Now I just sit back and listen. Love Dixieland.
Creighton.

I
"What, no Banjos? Must be some drop thumb boys out there somewhere?"

On that note, got any fiddlers here?
I don't play one, but along with banjo they make beautiful sounds.

B
electure I remember my Silvertone... In fact now I hear they are collectors items. I now have an Alvarez with Abilone frets and a Dove. Can't play it worth a darn tho.
I've played guitar, trumpet, violin and piano, all barely. I finally found my musical talent is playing the radio, I can play that like a pro!

IanR,
Used to have a set much like Scott's also had a trio of roto-toms

Ahh Yes the Roto-Tom, I've still got 2 of them, I just never use them on my kit any more.
Probably out of the monetary range of any EC's here, but has anyone ever tried Electronic Drums?.

Scott35 Offline OP
Broom Pusher and
I have been toying with the idea of purchasing an Electronic Kit - as it could be played any time without annoying the Neighbors!

Played a full-Electronic Kit back in 1993. It didn't have the "Feel" of the Acoustic Kit, but the ranges and tweeks were cool!

Have heard good words about the Technology and feel of "Modern" Electronic Kits, so it's time to check into this!
Prices are more reasonable now too!

Did have an Electronic Drum Head I used for a subtile accent.
It was an old Simmons head - circa 1981, which used 64K and 128K EPROMS for voices.
Ended up giving this to my Daughter back in 1997 or 1998 (???), when She was getting serious about playing.
Best investment ever - as She has the passion big time! [Linked Image]
Man, Her meter is SOLID!!!

Must have done something right, as She has turned out to be a very good overall Musician !

Just love that type of Musician - one who will always share abilities, and can't get enough styles to try - and is totally willing to assist others when possible!

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for bringing this thread to life!
Keep up the discussions!
It is nice to see all the fellow Musicians here, and the types of Instruments played.

BTW, on the "Roto-Toms", I have messed around with them at Music Stores.

Anyone remember Octabons?
How about those floor toms with a "tuning" pedal? They give the "Fred Flintstone being kicked in the belly" sound effect! (Baaa---wwooo--mmmm).

Along these lines, what's your favorite Snare Drum type?
Field Snares (Deep and/or larger than 14")?
Piccolo Snares (Thin)?
"Standard" depth (6 to 8 inches)?

I "Worshiped" Piccolo Snares, then "Fat - Field" Snare Drums. Now I want them all!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
I've added a couple more since the first time this thread went up:

[Linked Image]
SG

[Linked Image]
ES335

[Linked Image]
Telecaster

I'm really impressed with all the stuff that's available for the computer! I've got interfaces for the guitars, effects, multi track recording, loops. (not much like the old days) [Linked Image]

Trumpy, beautiful bass! (BTW, I can buy 2 complete sets of premium strings and a soda for the price of your one low B string)

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard