ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 412 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
I guess as the sole woodwind player (clarinet), I shall sit quietly in the corner.

[Linked Image from users.stargate.net]

spkjpr, I play the fife (and penny whistle) too!

mamills, yes, good eye! That is an original Fat Headed Monster sticker from about 1997.

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
W
Nice to see fellow musicians. I own a 71 les paul deluxe, fender strat.
Crate amp and a new line6 which I think is the best amp on the market right now, the amp can simulate old fender, messaboogie, marshall and other amps with a warm tube sound even though it's solid state. We recently finished building and wiring a recording studio in my basement. Picked up a 16 track digital recorder and chained it to a 16 channel mackie mixer. Made a drum room, a instrument room and the control room. Having a lot of fun, had my brother sparky from VT down recently and he was playing bass with us.

[This message has been edited by Wirenuttt (edited 05-01-2003).]

Guys,
If you play a stringed instrument, that uses wound strings, don't throw them old strings out!!.
Instead, rejuvenate them, how you ask?.
Well,I've used D'Addario(sp?) Bass strings for years and while these are quite expensive here in NZ, I read about how to give your old strings, a new lease of life.
  • Get an old pot, don't use copper and for Godsakes, don't use the best cook-wear at home, you WILL lose Browney points for this!.
  • Coil your strings up in the manner that they were, when you took them out out of the packet when you brought them.
  • Put about 2-3" of water in the pot and boil, drop the strings in the water, boil for 5-10 minutes(or until tender) [Linked Image].
  • Remove strings and place on a bed of paper towels and pat dry.
  • Spray strings with CRC or WD-40, like lubricant.
  • Store until ready to use.

Hope that this keeps the cost of replacing strings down! [Linked Image]

B
... Add salt to taste, fluff with a fork and bon appetite! [Linked Image]

I have a Cable-Nelson upright piano and a couple of low-bid acoustic guitars (one for me and a child-size for my son) that we are hoping to learn with. My dad is a self-taught musician who can play almost any instrument - trumpet, piano, guitar, mandolin, banjo, harmonica and calliope are some I've enjoyed watching and listening to him play. My brother and his two sons are accomplished guitarists. One of his boys also plays drums and we're ready for him to teach my son drums, too. (I guess... if anyone is ever ready to have their son learn to play the drums...)

Bren,
I moved out to the rural area of Ashburton, so that I could play my Drums, without the neighbours complaining, which doesn't happen now, as my nearest neighbour lives about half a mile away!. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 07-04-2003).]

Scott35 Offline OP
Broom Pusher and
CT Wireman,

Do I see a working space violation in front of those panels? [Linked Image]

Man, you caught me!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Actually, there is plenty of free space in front of the panels... if the box fan is moved [Linked Image]
The breakers are readilly accessable, and there's a good 3 feet open area behind the drum kit.
Now, to get to the subpanels, that's another story! [Linked Image]
Need to squeeze between the cymbal stand(s), the audio equipment rack and finally that one speaker box, in order to get behind the kit.

Just like any other drum kit, the challenge is to get behind it without injuring yourself or knocking things over - then one may sit down and start playing!

Also, applying Murphy's Law as required, the only location in the room with ample free space - which is not going to bother anyone else or block normal traffic flow in/out of the room - is of course where the Electrical Equipment is located! Hence, the drums are therefore ordered to be in that corner!

Great eye, CT!!! Glad you mentioned this!

Scott35

BTW, happy to see this thread is still active and to see more members are musically inclined!

We need to setup a "Virtual Jam" sometime [Linked Image]

Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Scotty,
I've been burning to add a reply to this thread, half of the problem was finding it.
I'll upload a pic of my drum-kit next week, but in the mean-time, here is my 5-string Bass.

[Linked Image]

BTW Electure, I want to see your guitars too!. [Linked Image]

You think the price of gas is expensive?.
Try re-stringing one of these things!. [Linked Image]

BTW, I P/Shopped that photo, that is not my Shag-pile rug that the bass is sitting on.

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 07-16-2005).]

Anyone else care to send pics in?
You can send them to whoever you like or to me or Bill. [Linked Image]

I
Used to have a set much like Scott's also had a trio of roto-toms. Sounded wierd but also kinda cool. To change thier pitch you rotated the the whole drum. Wish I had pictures.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard