ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 266 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#23111 03/12/03 03:04 AM
T
Many of you have proably already seen this.

Supplementary General Conditions

Article 1
The work we want performed is clearly indicated on the attached plans and specifications. The Architect, who has had plenty of college, has spent a lot of time drawing up these plans and specifications, but nobody can think of everything. Once your bid is submitted to the Owner-that's it brother! From then on, anything wanted by the Architect, the Owner, or any of his friends, or anybody else except the Contractor shall be considered as shown, specified, intended, or implied, and shall be provided by the Contractor without any expense to anyone except the Contractor.
Article 2

If the work is done without extra expense to the Contractor, then the work will be taken down and done over again until the extra expense to the Contractor is satisfactory to the Architect.
Article 3

The contract drawings are intended to be correct. If drawn wrong it should be discovered by the Contractor, corrected, and done right at his own expense. It won't cut any ice with the Owner or the Architect if the Contractor points out the mistakes which the Architect has drawn on the plans.
Article 4

The Contractor is not supposed to make fun of the Architect, his plans, or specifications. If he does, then the same consequence shall apply as stated in Article 3 above.
Article 5

Any Contractor walking around the job site with a smile on his face will be subject to a review of his bid.
Article 6

If the Contractor doesn't find all the Architect's mistakes prior to making his bid on this job, or if he doesn't have enough sense to know that the Architect is going to think up a bunch of new stuff that has to be done before the job can be deemed complete, then the Contractor shall provide any such items without extra expense to the Owner or Architect.
Article 7

Any evidence of satisfaction on the part of the Contractor shall be considered as just cause for withholding final payment.

Donnie
#23112 03/12/03 04:55 AM
Broom Pusher and
Dude, that's Frikken Hilarious!!! [Linked Image]

Talk about perfect timing! Printed it to give to some very sweet boneheads!!!

Scott35 S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#23113 03/12/03 10:11 AM
S
I hope you do not mind if I plagerize this and add it to our spec's directory. I wonder if someone will notice it.

#23114 03/12/03 09:51 PM
R
Ron Offline
The General Conditions doesn't include bowing upon entrance of the Architect, and bringing dounuts to each meeting?
It's ok to beatup the Architects, but leave the engineers alone.

Ron
#23115 03/12/03 09:57 PM
G
Thanks txsparky!

That ought to provide a few grins at next weeks progress meeting.

GJ

Link Copied to Clipboard