ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#22441 02/22/03 05:21 PM
S
Scotts Offline OP
I belong to a salt water aquarium forum. This is an example of some types of threads that go on there. I have edited it so if it is a little choppy I am sorry. The person did get one response from Grahm that I edited because I thought it would bore you guys. There is more than multiple moderators and they are now trying to stop the flaming.

This is an example of the type of thread we do not want here.

Bill I will once again commend you. Stop the flaming as soon as it starts so we do not have to try and stop it in the future. I will understand if you delete this because it does appear to be a long post.

Scott

ANYONE HAVE ANY OPINIONS????!!!!

Articuno

anyone??

Grouperhead

Patience is a virtue, and you might want to invest in some . Bo

Articuno

ME...PATIENCE? YA RIGHT!

Dazed1

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Articuno
ME...PATIENCE? YA RIGHT!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, you should !!

You put up a post and expect a response within less than 15 mins of the same !!

Also, could you please not put your signature in every post ? makes the post annoying, long, and its a waste of server space/bandwith

Articuno

quote:
Originally posted by Dazed1
You put up a post and expect a response within less than 15 mins of the same !!
Also, could you please not put your signature in every post ? makes the post annoying, long, and its a waste of server space/bandwith

man, some people really strike a nerve, do you have any idea how this room feels now, I'll tell you, ABOUT 3300 DEGREES!

Articuno

do you have any idea what would happen if you were in striking distance right now, Mr. Stupid!

Dazed1

quote:
Originally posted by Articuno
do you have any idea what would happen if you were in striking distance right now, Mr. Stupid!

I would take it up with you in PM's if the board permitted the same. But since they don't, i would not want to waste server space and bandwith arguing over a stupid thing with you.

Articuno

well, that's fine, but since the board permits pics if i knew how to post pics with a scanner I would post pics of the injuries inflicted upon the bullies in my neighborhood when they messed with me. and If you'll look at prev posts you'll know your the 1 who started this.

Grouperhead
Shark

Hey, how about we all act like 3 year olds and threaten other people over an internet BB!

Please, get a life.

Bo

SPSfreak100
Articuno,

Don't want to add any fuel to the fire, but have a bit of patience. It can take a couple hours to get a single reply. You replied almost 15 minutes apart from eachother, and after a couple of hours from starting this thread, you've only got a single reply regarding to the question. Give it a couple of hours, and then check back. Since the administrator has disabled the Private Messages, you might want to take this up via Email Stop the insults, and get to the question asked.

Graham

Articuno

grouperhead, 3 year olds can't even type and its my nature to retaliate, heck, I'm a hotblooded german.
sorry

Articuno
thanx, graham, I'll admit, I'm just not a patient person when it comes to things like internet and games, ect. but lets just hope i can be more patient with my tank and not be like Badbrad, lol

Articuno
Bump

Bang Guy

Really wish I could delete this thread.

Articuno

go ahead, its really not a good thread like I hoped it would be

NM reef

BangGuy....I can delete here and in this case probably should...but I think I'll take this opportunity to express an opinion.

This is not a chat room!!!!

These boards are set up for exchange of information/experience...lately several new members seem to think they can use these boards as some sort of personal chat room/playground. In my opinion it is becoming a bit of a problem ...most posts are mundane and worthless. Seems some of the current members should simply perform a search prior to posting senseless questions and not use this as a chat room for endless topics with little to no merit.

Sure....fill a 10 gal with a ton of shrooms...whichever ones you want.....and they will possibly survive slightly longer than this childish thread!!!!!

Maybe the above vent was out of line ... but the endless threads with random pointless topics and constant chatter for the sheer pleasure of posting is way out of hand!!! Now I'll climb down off my soap box and close this thread.

#22442 02/22/03 05:33 PM
I
Wow! [Linked Image] That is like a bad TV script.

Bill and the other mods please do not let this happen here, keep up the good work.
Bob

[This message has been edited by iwire (edited 02-22-2003).]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
#22443 02/23/03 12:32 AM
Scotts,
May I tender an idea towards you(this is not personal, though in the least), I have been around ECN, long enough to realise that it is the temprement?, of the people on a certain Forum, that just goes to show how good or bad it is, this is why ECN has held up over the time, I take my hat off to the Moderators and the Webmaster, to keep things in order, but, thanks to Joe, Bill and Paul, it is very rare when the Webmaster comes in.
It's friendly here, let's keep it that way!.
[Linked Image]

#22444 02/23/03 01:20 AM
C
trumpy, i agree, this is a great forum.we defintely don't need ones like above. `it really is [Linked Image]

#22445 02/23/03 08:17 AM
Bill:

Please put my mind at ease ..... after last night's terrible post by that guy from Texas! #@$%^&@#$

Was he removed from the ECN board and now banned?

I sure hope so! He will be the 3rd ... I hope that the message gets across to any future posters!!

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
#22446 02/23/03 10:49 AM
S
Scotts Offline OP
Trumpy,

I agree that this is a great bunch of people here. That is one of the reasons that I joined.

Scott

#22447 02/23/03 12:27 PM
G
I would respond to this thread, but I don't want to get banned!!!!!!!

Seriously, many thanks to all who work to make ECN happen. Also thanks to those who contribute their years of experience and wisdom, I've learned a lot from you all.

The collective knowledge of the group is still one of the things that amaze me about this internet thing.

GJ

#22448 02/23/03 12:34 PM
I
This place is great but I keep finding out how much more I have to learn [Linked Image]

This is one of the times I think the Internet is changing things for the better, I have learned things from people that are all over the world here.

And It is FREE [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
#22449 02/23/03 09:38 PM
H
Joe,

We have been down this road before. Again I have said before that this board is very nice, and the members are very pleasent to each other. I just hope that everyone who comes into this board respect each and everyone.

#22450 03/05/03 01:42 AM
I think, what you will find, if people are rude on a certain Forum, others, just don't come back, no-one likes to be insulted or "dressed-down", over a public Forum(which is what ECN is), not a good look, no matter where you come from. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard